International Sports Presentation

Here, you can see various presentation elements for Virgin Media Sport in Ireland:

1 Like

Going to post this in here rather than clog up the Fox/Seven threads.

But thought some might be interested to see Sky NZ’s mixed presentation for the Big Bash.

So, each night Sky takes the Fox pre-game show (when there is a full build-up) and then hastily switches feeds to 7 (who must provide the world feed for their games) when the players are coming out to the middle or when there is a natural out in the Fox coverage.

Tonight, as it came off the test, there was only a five-minute pre-game, which Sky took and then they took the first ball from Fox before switching quickly to 7 when they possibly realised.

Sky then also took Fox at the innings break before switching back to 7 for the runchase.

This is a guess, but I’m assuming that 7 don’t supply much more internationally than a 2 minute pre-game and also aren’t supplying any innings break content on the world feed, hence why Sky has dipped into Fox - but Sky must be obliged to take the World Feed rather than the full Fox presentation (which I’m guessing they’d probably prefer)

4 Likes

Sky UK takes Fox in full. Sky NZ takes the Fox pre & post game while taking 7 for the game + player of the match (I think they show that). Other world feeds like super sport just takes 7’s broadcast of the game & I don’t think they have a pre or post game of anyone.

7 doesn’t provide world feed pre & post since they use their 7 mics during that & use the BBL mics when it is during the game + player of the match & shown in to the world feed.

They also have a small pause after that interview & a small summary before doing their post match. So I assume that’s when the world feed turn off

2 Likes

Interesting intel - thanks. No idea why Sky NZ doesn’t just take Fox in full then - maybe the player mic interviews is the only reason.

2 Likes

What is the big deal in having host broadcaster mics broadcast in other countries? Not like they are a competitor.

1 Like

ESPN’s College Football Playoff Bowl graphics

3 Likes

Tennis Channel’s coverage of the United Cup 2022/23

1 Like

Willow Cricket Xtra

2 Likes

World Fishing Network

2 Likes

These are just Watermarks, not the actual presentation

1 Like

It happened again at the loss of the second wicket and this time we got the full countdown.
Sky switched to Fox at the end before going back to 7 a short time later.

https://streamable.com/bfka2q

1 Like

I think the wicket timer is only for international broadcast since I haven’t seen it before on 7’s broadcast

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve never seen it before tonight and it definitely wasn’t meant to be full screen - my best guess is maybe it’s provided for the third umpire and perhaps the commentators on an internal feed but it accidentally got sent out on the world feed?

2 Likes

7 having issues with their score bug for the 2nd innings today. They have a make shift ‘7cricket score’ on the top left corner.

I wonder if the international feeds have changed to the Fox broadcast or keeping 7’s ‘host feed’

1 Like

Sky NZ switched five overs in…they weren’t being supplied the makeshift score.

2 Likes

From what I have seen, most had Fox broadcast on

1 Like

Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen will commentate the Super Bowl for Fox in the US next month with the former having experience calling a Super Bowl with Charles Davis in the NFL Network’s World Feed broadcast outside the US.

2 Likes

His first and last last Superbowl for Fox with Tom Brady to join Burkhardt in the Fox ‘A’ team when he retires

2 Likes

Both Fox and CBS are displaying key game scores for games with playoff implications in the AFC.
Fox

CBS

5 Likes