Seven Cricket Coverage

The stumps are also different for this match:

(from 7’s coverage but they’re the same design in the field)

1 Like

From watching the cricket all this summer, Trent Copland analysis is really good and has a great ability to break down complicated concepts or plays and break them down into easy understand language. If 7 retain the rights hopefully they continue to use him, he is a real asset for 7.

7 Likes

At the ground today shown by the sun

2 Likes

I watched 7’s coverage of the Tea break today, Mel McLaughlin really isn’t the right choice for leading the coverage, made a few mistakes throwing to the break and Damien Flemming had to help her out.

4 Likes
1 Like

Sky UK takes Fox in full. From watching 7, you can see when it is the world feed or not based on the mics they use

1 Like

Spinner Alana King, fresh from Australian women’s team’s successful T20 tour of India, is ground reporter alongside Ryan Daniels for the BBL clash between Perth and Adelaide tonight.

3 Likes

Gteat stuff Kingy!

2 Likes

Can someone please explain why even when 7 is doing BBL coverage they are still not allowed streaming rights?

1 Like

Because that’s part of the deal they signed back in 2018. At the time streaming wasn’t quite as big as it is now but even Blind Freddy could have seen how shortsighted that was with how trends were going.

8 Likes

Sorry let me rephrase that… why does channel 7 sign stupid deals :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

To be fair tho. Channel 10 were happy enough with the exact same terms. They offered 80 mil per year to 7 82 mil.

3 Likes

7 got the test + BBL

1 Like

It was the same deal

4 Likes

The pre show today, she is even worse! Struggled to string two sentences together, is everything ok with Mel?

3 Likes

I remember a few years ago, she threw to the Lunch or Tea break and ad-libbed a line about her being hungry and she butchered it like a stroke victim. Stick her on the BBL coverage or rework her role in a similar capacity like how Fox use Kath Loughnan, news updates and interviews only on the Test coverage.

The less Mel, the better because she is a weak spot on the coverage.

3 Likes

It was a late night watching Premier League

She seems nervous hosting and seems to be stumbling on her words a bit. I can’t remember her being like this at 10 when she hosted cricket and Olympics/Comm Games???

2 Likes

I do and her style hasn’t changed much at all.

2 Likes