International Sports Presentation

Smart move.

1 Like

There’d be reasons why it’d be shown in a similar respect to the DRS timer in this year’s Big Bash.

They reduced the time permitted between wickets to 75 seconds from the usual 90 - but instead of timing the batter out, the bowler instead gets a free bowl at the unattended stumps on the next delivery (which counts as a valid dot ball if it misses, unless it’s a no-ball).

Yes, it’s just an attempt at engineered “excitement” as to be out “timed out” is not a good look for the game (IMO, not a great attempt). No, it’s not meant to be at full screen like that!

Oh yeah, I definitely know why it exists but just a mixing error to make it full screen for the international feed I suspect! Pretty funny.

The Big Bash international feeds seem to have a lot of occasional stuff like that.

2 Likes

They used it before in the 2021 season.

It was amusing to see 7mate try to fit in their watermark into this.

Watching the late-afternoon slot game (being a Fox game) where Fox were actually using all four corners* and 7mate going through three variations of the watermark - first the usual sport one in the top-left, then the general programming one in the bottom-right, then settling on “general one minus 7plus website mention”, at least for the first half.

Local ESPN tends to have a “top corner but moved slightly lower” watermark option, especially as they know that their US mothership does the same thing with scores in the top-left if there are overflows onto their other channels.

* not at the same time obviously, but with them constantly showing the current QB’s stats, the full bottom-right watermark clashed half the time

2 Likes

Chris Stubbs is anchoring the world feed day sessions at the Australian Open this year.

In the last couple of years it’s been Neroli Meadows.

3 Likes

The BBC’s Alison Mitchell (best known for her cricket commentary on ABC Radio and Seven) is calling for the AO world feed, according to her tweet on the weekend.

1 Like

She’s done that for something like 5 seasons now I think.

Neroli is doing content for Stan Sport this year.

1 Like

BBC NBA

Some MOTD2 elements in this video:

HBO Max graphics:

NBC Universo:

Sky News’ live coverage of Shane Warne’s funeral last year:

1 Like