Watermarks

Have been out all day and come home to this! :roll_eyes::nauseated_face:

[quote=“TV-Expert, post:1041, topic:252, full:true”]
Here it is:
[/quote]Oh no! I thought we had seen the back of that thing!! :roll_eyes::laughing:
I wonder what Ten think of it? :rofl:

[quote=“xyz223, post:1054, topic:252, full:true”]since TAS has that now empty orange bar under the WIN news coverup, where you can still see some animation from the TEN logo underneath[/quote]I still can’t believe they still have that empty orange graphic! If they’re going to keep it at least put something in it like “Tasmania’s Best News” (even if it’s a complete an utter lie :yum:).

2 Likes

I hate it how they use the ONE logo for sports coverage shown on that channel, it should just be a TEN Sport watermark like Nine do with the WWOS one even if it’s being shown on 9Gem or 9Go! :roll_eyes:

I pretty much agree with the post by @pelican.

One has to wonder how long it’ll be until Ten gets p***ed off with WIN and somehow tries to find a new affiliation partner. If I was a Network Ten employee, I certainly wouldn’t be happy with what WIN is currently doing to network programing with that “watermark”.

Like…the Nine Network affiliation? :wink:

And yes, I agree that WIN News (which is already struggling as it is, if I’m not mistaken) is likely to be very well cooked in the ratings once SCA Nine starts it’s new regional news services. Let’s have a laugh in the relevant thread when that happens!

6 Likes

would have preferred win sticking with the ten style logo with the circle

1 Like

someone should post that logo on THE TENS FACEBOOK PAGE :wink:

Having worked at WIN in Wollongong several years ago, I’d say Bruce Gordon is in town for Christmas (and the annual Novotel Christmas Party) and has barked some requests and hijacked the presentation again. The same ‘genius marketing’ idea happened several years ago with Go! and Gem in an attempt to make the WIN brand more prominent.
Regarding no logo on Ten News, I’d say Ten has an agreement with WIN that says they can’t claim Ten News as their own signature or botch the presentation.

18 Likes

Can’t wait to see The Late Show cover-up. Gonna be yuge.

It’ll look Bigly with the return of Mappy again. I’m sorry I had to. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wonder if they’ll try during The Late Show then realize it looks odd/stupid with a circle juttering out from the sides, then revert it back to the previous one.

3 Likes

After the cricket in Queensland:

For a few seconds

Then back to normal PRG and watermark

13 Likes

Common sense prevails! But I’d expect it to return again eventually, but I think those watermark complaints during the Big Bash made WIN wake up. Don’t think Bruce will be happy about the changes if it was his doing…

Haven’t seen the map in WA at all tonight. Cricket was on One and prime time programming so far has the original graphics.

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:1110, topic:252, full:true”]
Haven’t seen the map in WA at all tonight. Cricket was on One and prime time programming so far has the original graphics. [/quote]

I can’t check since I don’t live in “WIN land” in WA, but that’s good WA viewers aren’t affected by these changes. However, did some other states have a bit of a delay with the new watermark, then had it on a few hours later? It could return and start to appear in WA, but due to those Big Bash watermark complaints, I feel WIN may think twice using it again. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:1097, topic:252, full:true”]
Welcome to WIN Territory. Every few years they go through this ‘marketing blitz’ for lack of a better term. They usually push the map logo and just mix it all up. Clearly someone at WIN thinks they’ve lost their localism or something that represents the old “successful” WIN. They want their success back. SCA is about to kill them with local news. I expect a lot more will be happening over the coming weeks.
[/quote]Well, they should’ve thought long and hard about that one before they pissed off the network that largely gave them the success for many, many years. If I were Ten I’d be concerned that it seems to be happening to them too.

WIN are a disgrace and they seriously need to stop being so petulant and grow the fuck up already. The continued use of and inflicting ugly gigantic ‘watermarks’ on their viewers (10 at last count) TV screens needs to end.

9 Likes

Next step will be a gigantic blue bar across Ten News.

1 Like

I’m fully expecting that to be the next thing on their “naughty” list to do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait for it… wait for it…

1 Like

I’d like to personally thank WIN for this early Christmas present… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ho Ho Ho

10 Likes

Meanwhile.

New Ten watermark with a Santa hat.

14 Likes

HD watermark has returned to WA, in wrong position and timed incorrectly as usual.

4 Likes

Ya know what makes it worse, if that’s possible, is that the WIN text can never be truly centred due to the shape of the map.

3 Likes