Watermarks

Next step will be a gigantic blue bar across Ten News.

1 Like

I’m fully expecting that to be the next thing on their “naughty” list to do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait for it… wait for it…

1 Like

I’d like to personally thank WIN for this early Christmas present… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ho Ho Ho

10 Likes

Meanwhile.

New Ten watermark with a Santa hat.

14 Likes

HD watermark has returned to WA, in wrong position and timed incorrectly as usual.

4 Likes

Ya know what makes it worse, if that’s possible, is that the WIN text can never be truly centred due to the shape of the map.

3 Likes

Here’s a few caps I took tonight comparing WIN’s delightful new watermark during Family Feud against the simulcast on ONE and ELEVEN.

WIN HD

ONE

ELEVEN

WIN SD

Here are some more from WIN HD taken during The Project. New mappy watermark obscures a little bit of text every now and again.

8 Likes

ABC definitely in HD now, looks MUCH better on the 50-inch TV here than it did when it first launched.

ABC HD

ABC SD for comparison (for some reason there was no watermark at the time)

6 Likes

If WIN really wanted to keep the map of Australia as part of their branding, surely they could make it a bit more stylish (even if that means not a geographically correct map) and TV branding-friendly?

I seem to remember the Pay TV “community” channel Aurora using a stylised, Australia shape as part of their logo several years back. Not the best quality image in the world, but I couldn’t find any bigger:

For a period of time, the “map” element of that old Aurora logo was used largely on it’s own in station IDs and the watermark. Now I’m not saying that WIN should directly rip off that old idea of Aurora’s, but I’d still use it as a decent example of how you can somewhat elegantly incorporate a map of Australia in TV branding!

2 Likes

I just don’t know…
I just can’t… wow…

I’m speechless. :joy:

I wondered how long before we started getting South East Asia style watermarks… that question has been answered

Gigantic Studio 10 version

The Talk version

3 Likes

I don’t know any country having their country as a watermark lol

The most annoying part is how the HD part doesn’t line up :angry:

1 Like

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:1118, topic:252, full:true”]
HD watermark has returned to WA, in wrong position and timed incorrectly as usual.[/quote]I wonder why the ‘HD’ addition has never been used down here. Is it because they think it’s so obvious it’s not HD as the quality is that bad or something?

[quote=“melbournefan, post:1117, topic:252, full:true”]
Meanwhile.

New Ten watermark with a Santa hat[/quote]It might be a bit hard for you guys, but take note WIN! This is an example of how you do your watermarking. :slightly_smiling_face:

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1122, topic:252, full:true”]Now I’m not saying that WIN should directly rip off that old idea of Aurora’s, but I’d still use it as a decent example of how you can somewhat elegantly incorporate a map of Australia in TV branding![/quote]It was sounding really good and all and you had me up until you wrote this word. WIN and this certainly don’t go together. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Discovery uses the entire planet as its watermark, a full colour rotating globe!

9 Likes

Be interesting if the other channels started to copy the style hahaha :smile:

3 Likes

I wonder when our Discovery channel will take on that America version one, hopefully soon as our one is way to big…Americas it nice & simple

1 Like