Tongue-in-cheek mocks

If so, their tagline can’t be “No Bull”.

7 Likes

It’s actually a much better name than “Bold”.

5 Likes

Not really a mock (aside from the crude attempt at editing a TV shot), but how I’d imagine some of the Goggleboxers may have reacted to this afternoon’s press conference from Gladys…

16 Likes

6 Likes

Haha, I’m loving all these 2DayFM tongue-in-cheek mocks/memes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The actual decisions made by 2DayFM/SCA lately have been tragic though. I’m no expert on their target audience, but you’d think they should be bringing in a couple of young gun presenters (people somewhere around their Late 20s/Early 30s who can still connect with the kids, yet are appealing to mature listeners) who can make Sydney’s top rating rival FM brekky shows sound like daggy oldies!

5 Likes

Yes but that age group do not listen to radio anymore so there is no point going after that market. I’m in my mid 30s and I listen to the radio but I am in the minority. Sure they will listen to it if it is on at a particular location but if they are driving by themselves etc Spotify all the way.

4 Likes

100%
I don’t think I know anyone in my age group that listens to FM radio anymore.

I’ve lived in Canberra for nearly 12 months now and realised the other day that I haven’t even tuned in any of the local radio stations in my car and honestly don’t even know anything at all about the local stations. Spotify + Waze have comprehensively replaced FM radio for me

3 Likes

sneak peak of 2Day’s new positioner and music from next week! :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

With both “Morning Wars” being a rather popular show on appleTV+ and there being a fair bit of discussion about behind the scenes dramas related to our actual commercial network brekky shows of late, this one was probably inevitable! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

Who do you reckon would be good actors for an AU Morning Wars?

3 Likes

What if Supercheap Auto did its own radio station called “Supercheap Auto Radio”?

5 Likes

Rachel Griffiths as Georgie Gardener.
Gary Sweet as Kochie.
Steve Peacocke as Karl.
Kate Ritchie as Nat Barr (or Mel Doyle).
Georgie Parker as Lisa.

Just a thought!

9 Likes

Sometimes, the tongue-in-cheek mocks almost make themselves…

MOCKTheWeathermanWantsAJob

Other participant suggestions welcome, of course!

19 Likes

You could probably almost add David Brown in there too, given he appears to have completely vanished from television since Seven let him go late last year.

7 Likes

Throw in Grant Denyer too

1 Like

This must be Drant Genyer

10 Likes

That’s clearly Therman Denyer.

10 Likes

While Grant Denyer has become more of a “general entertainment” TV personality over the last decade, he did present the weather on Sunrise for a fair while so was still worthy of an inclusion! :wink:

2 Likes

Grant will always be a weatherman to me

1 Like

Grant has been promoted to a producer of breakfast TV in his next role on Preppers.

3 Likes