Seven On-Air Presentation

If that promo is anything to go by, Nine are in for a bumper Winter (aside from the AFL in the Southern states, of course)!

None of those programs sound particularly appealing to me.

2 Likes

Visually the promo is great. The content within it is pure crap.

As others have mentioned, the network that used to be enriched with drama and quality scripted content is looking like MTV. And that may even be insulting to MTV

I get the purse strings are stretched, however cheap and nasty programming like this is just embarrassing.

It’s really sad when you have a network like 10 who are trying and producing some decent drama and it’s not getting the eyeballs, then you have 7 who are pumping this entertainment/scripted reality out.

7 Likes

Totally agree, Unless you like reality you can fuck off from network television the networks are saying now (except 10 and ABC/SBS).

It’s a slap in the face to the audience, it’s saying you’re all stupid, and we know it.

7 Likes

I can’t stand the reality format, particularly romance-related, but geez you can’t ignore the hype that MAFS generated. So many people were talking about it.

8 Likes

Exactly - Nine showed with MAFS that viewers not only want “cheap and nasty programming” but they’ll flock in their droves to the lowest common denominator version of it

Having said that, Seven, Nine & 10 are all going to be absolutely fucked if/when the reality TV ‘bubble’ bursts…

3 Likes

Prime version of the promo posted in that thread:

No. It’s advertising designed to exploit a loophole that’s written in the Code of Conduct that allows these “ads” to not count as part of their quota of advertising allowed.

Networks should be more guarded of their own branding instead of selling it off to advertisers.

Rant over :smirk:

8 Likes

Tell us how you really feel

1 Like

He did. Just as you did when you said you liked them.

1 Like

No, like, really really feel :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I agree.

In an era when the networks are facing increasing challenges from online media, they should be taking more pride in their station branding right now than they ever have before. But instead we’ve got these ridiculous Sponsored Idents, Movie Tie-In Idents and “Idents” which are essentially program promos but without the time/date.

3 Likes

I notice Seven has been showing new graphics for the lotto draws this week, but these numbers are much smaller than before, making them harder to read even on a big screen.

3 Likes

“Secret Life of Pets 2” sponsor tie-in

7 Likes

7mate movie preview

And have MGM re-launched the old Orion Pictures brand!?

4 Likes

Saw the lotto numbers during The Front Bar tonight and they were back to normal size before the new graphics were introduced.

1 Like

When did 7 started showing in-movie previews. Haven’t seen this before

1 Like

They’ve been doing it for years, MS members have posted these exact ones in the past :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Promos for Melbourne and Adelaide for tomorrow night

Home and Away

BGT

5 Likes

Home and Away change channel advisory (same as used earlier this year it appears)

Edit: Friday 5th July (can’t do 3 seperate posts in a row)

Presentation elements from BH&G in Melbourne, due to Wimbledon

7 Likes

Maybe the rest of Better Homes in Melbourne could have gone to 7Food?

2 Likes