Seven Regional

Damn. On par with the online stream now, which is shit!

4 Likes

The picture quality of 7Flix via terrestrial TV in the metro areas isn’t that crash hot either.

3 Likes

Is the 7flix watermark via Prime7, the same as 7flix in metro areas?

Yes.

2 Likes

Except regional Queensland

“Queensland 》 7flix”

3 Likes

Prime version of the Seven promo:

3 Likes

The Australian understands that Prime Media has been sounding out potential purchasers of its business. The market capitalisation of the company is now $84 million, down from $400 million in 2013. It’s believed that Antony Catalano looked at Prime but decided to focus on ACM for the moment. The Australian is expecting a private equity firm to be the likely buyer of Prime. The article points out that Bruce Gordon will have a large say in the outcome as he is the largest shareholder.

4 Likes

so what does this mean for prime7 has a channel

1 Like

I know Kerry Stokes has been rumoured to exit Seven West Media for a couple of years, but would they still be interested in acquiring Prime Media?

Probably not much in the short term, because Prime Media last year signed an affiliation contract with the Seven Network (which I’d imagine would continue under most buyers of the company) for their regional TV stations which will last until mid-2024.

In the long run, who knows what will happen to Prime7/GWN7 although it’s likely that the media landscape in five years time will be different to the one we have now.

3 Likes

Surely no private equity company can think they can gut a regional television network more than they already are to be in a position to flip for profit?

For $84 million, Bruce should just buy all of Prime to take over having the Seven affiliation.

3 Likes

no

13 Likes

That’s a comparative bargain to the $55 mil he paid just for Ten Northern NSW only 2 years ago.

5 Likes

I say we find $84 million to buy out Prime ourselves. :rofl:

5 Likes

Has anyone heard of Go Fund Me? That could work, no good for raising funds for legal cases though or for rugby players.

4 Likes

I don’t like our chances.

If one of us won Oz Lotto tomorrow night, we’d only need to find another $4 mil :grin:

2 Likes

Primes last report suggests they only have about $57m in assets (after imparing the value of the licences) - makes TenNNSW look overpriced

4 Likes

1 Like

The Australian Financial Review reports that a consortium led by former APN Outdoor chief executive James Warburton (also former Network Ten CEO and Supercars boss) is believed to be running the numbers on Prime Media and has bought a small stake in the regional broadcaster.

2 Likes

This can only end well

1 Like

3 Likes