Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

@JohnsonTV

2 Likes

I too hate it when people wish me “Merry Christmas”.

8 Likes

Did you actually see it? If you did, you would know I am talking about the theme being cut off to play some other music instead.

No I didn’t see it, but I can’t think of a reason why after 40 seconds already that 10 seconds more of a news theme would be preferable to a Christmas greeting.

1 Like

I fear a day when the answer is no.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, a cap from the end of the Seven News version seen here in Sydney and probably all other capital cities tonight:

…and incase if you were wondering if the on-set Christmas tree made a return tonight, it did but only for the Opening Wideshot:

5 Likes

Brisbane ended with a wave :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Paul does that every night he presents and usually the male news anchor will wave back.

1 Like

Seven News Sydney:

Opener:

Closer:

7 Likes

7 Morning news just used the Sydney 6pm closer theme for its closer today.

Who would notice or even care?

2 Likes

I noticed. You cared enough to reply :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s interesting… No local 4.30 Perth News today… The first half hour 4.00 News finished, but went back to the National set during the Ad break, with a “If you just joined us” welcome. :confused:

Edit: Oh wait, maybe because of the Christmas/New Year break and they might not do local Afternoon News till next year?

1 Like

Maybe… Melbourne is still running its local Afternoon News Hour.

1 Like

That is what Nine News Queensland do but Seven News Queensland also still has their local Afternoon news on. Perhaps there is a lack of staff ATM over in 7 Perth.

1 Like

There was a local News update shortly after, but it felt like a Afternoon News preview, so I’m not completely sure, but 6.00 is as always definitely going ahead. :slight_smile:

The TV Man Mascot has been around for nearly 12 years!

Hard to believe he still exists.

2 Likes

Morning News from yesterday (Capped from 7HD Sydney):

5 Likes

Nick McCallum choked up while presenting a report on the stars that were lost in 2016 tonight.

Any video?