Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Geez, I wish I could receive SCTV news from here in Melbourne!

His better then the fill-in we have here in Melbourne.

Interesting that the super says Southern Cross Television News. Cheers for that.

1 Like

Santa (Ken Saville) was getting into the festive spirit on the weather earlier tonight. :christmas_tree:

8 Likes

Are those caps from 1996 or 2016?

Asking for a concerned viewer.

9 Likes

Haha. The latter I’m afraid. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 1995 graphics are in that video above. :yum:

Special Christmas endtag used tonight.

4 Likes

Seven News Sydney also used that same animation, but obviously with the Seven News logo at the end.

2 Likes

Former Tas sport presenter Michael Maney is back , filling in as newsreader over summer.

Returning Monday promo:

2 Likes

The past two nights has had Katelyn Barry reading the news from the Hobart newsroom with Sport and Weather done from the Launceston studio.

Paula Anstey is now Paula Grierson.

1 Like

Southern Cross News room back up and running after the month off: https://www.facebook.com/SCNewsSA/photos/a.435901486508488.1073741829.416823881749582/1132755220156441/?type=3&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1483940991755943

1 Like

The worst news broadcast IMO.

wow, that’s harsh!

1 Like

That’s some terrible photoshopping.

4 Likes

SC News returned to Sunshine Coast today and lived up to its nickname of 2 minute noodle updates - a total of 2 minutes of news was shown across the entire day in 3 updates.

Hint: If you’re producing a news service without any images to accompany the stories it’s best not to include one about police releasing a CCTV image of a suspect who robbed a pizza shop (0:56).

5 Likes

Isn’t this guy a treasure?

4 Likes

The Prime7 Canberra News updates at least have video related to some of the stories. Those SCA updates are pointless.

5 Likes

Hopefully the news updates will get a refresh.

SCA is hiring two new recruits for our Canberra newsteam. You’ll be an energetic news all-rounder, producing and fronting news updates for our regional TV viewing areas.

http://m.seek.com.au/job/32405570

Given this is in the areas where SC is the Nine affiliate, the Seek ad has the Nine logo, and 9News Canberra is due to start in 3 weeks, perhaps this should be in the Nine News Regional thread?

I guess the ad is referring to the updates in areas 9News won’t be in yet for a bit, or will SC9 continue to do their own updates rather than Nine presenting those from Sydney like the 18:00 bulletin?

1 Like