Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Who would notice or even care?

2 Likes

I noticed. You cared enough to reply :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s interesting… No local 4.30 Perth News today… The first half hour 4.00 News finished, but went back to the National set during the Ad break, with a “If you just joined us” welcome. :confused:

Edit: Oh wait, maybe because of the Christmas/New Year break and they might not do local Afternoon News till next year?

1 Like

Maybe… Melbourne is still running its local Afternoon News Hour.

1 Like

That is what Nine News Queensland do but Seven News Queensland also still has their local Afternoon news on. Perhaps there is a lack of staff ATM over in 7 Perth.

1 Like

There was a local News update shortly after, but it felt like a Afternoon News preview, so I’m not completely sure, but 6.00 is as always definitely going ahead. :slight_smile:

The TV Man Mascot has been around for nearly 12 years!

Hard to believe he still exists.

2 Likes

Morning News from yesterday (Capped from 7HD Sydney):

5 Likes

Nick McCallum choked up while presenting a report on the stars that were lost in 2016 tonight.

Any video?

The TV decided not to record so no video from me.

But yes, I did see that.

Seven Melbourne running a short 15 second promo for Peter Mitchell featuring a slideshow of “Big Events” for the year that he’s been there for. Ending with the “Australias No 1”

Not a bad package of 2016 moments during tonight’s bulletin in Melbourne.

I finally saw the countdown of the news over the past 60 years episode tonight, which was repeated on 7TWO. I thought it was well-done and had cameos from legendary newscasters. However, the V/O guy was not right and I thought the countdown idea was cheap and sensationalist.

Really liked the long closer used in Melbourne tonight went for at least 1-1.5mins with theme drawn out. Extended Studio sweep with closing New Years footage.

6 Likes

Serious?? Oh my god. I missed it. My recording cut off. Does anyone have vision of it?

Except it was cut off in Prime 7 land just as Florence Henderson came on and was replaced by 7 minutes of advertisements.

Saw a promo for the 5am early news during tonight’s Melbourne bulletin. I wonder why Seven decides to advertise the early news now?

1 Like

Probably because it leads into Sunrise, which the network probably ranks as the second most important in the news division after 6pm.

4 Likes

As mentioned in another topic, Seven News Brisbane tonight managed to completely omit any mention of the Big Bash cricket from their sports report but did find time for English soccer.