Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Some things like most trusted and most experienced are subjective so Seven can get away with the claims.

Laurie Oakes could claim to be the “longest serving” political reporter but someone with a more varied job portfolio e.g. working in the US might be able to say they have more experience.

I’m not saying Seven are correct, just that their claims can’t be objectively proved wrong. It is similar to when Seven took Nine Perth to court for saying they were Perth’s “leading” news service and lost.

5 Likes

Queensland is now promoting “Queensland’s most awarded, Queensland’s most trusted, Queensland’s number 1”. Apparently they have awards dating back to 2006/7, however the promo is very amateurish especially in comparison to those in Sydney.

1 Like

Special backdrop in Melbourne tonight - Christmas Day terror plot.

1 Like

8 Likes

I can’t be the only one who finds this super tacky? Especially for a terrorist attack that didn’t happen

13 Likes

Disagree it was a terror plot so the super is accurate .

I actually quite like the design of the Melbourne set still, just not a fan of that curved wall to the RHS of the desk between the presenting screen.

Also the desk height seems wrong, it dwarfs the presenters and it looks like you lose some of the screens making then appear much smaller.

Hideous. You would hope if it actually was a terror attack it’d be slightly more dignified.

6 Likes

Seven, Nine and Ten all did very similar backdrops for the Sydney/Melbourne terror raids years ago. Nothing different from this.

2 Likes

I agree.

It’s arguable that the often sensationalist coverage of these sorts of raids just hypes up fear in the community, but that’s a discussion for another time and topic.

2 Likes

Perth FINALLY taking advantage of the green screen backdrop after almost 2 years!

Special backdrop for Claremont Serial Killings Breakthrough Discovery:

Recording for possible caps later. Apologies for photo quality.

Seven Nightly News into footage used, headline graphic and old theme heard, as well as classic "Split circle 7 logo from 1989-1999 in view.

5 Likes

Christmas trees in Brisbane and Gold Coast

6 Likes

Another angle:

4 Likes

Only managed to get one cap as I was mostly capping Nine News.

3 Likes

Opener:

2 Likes

Excellent usage of the technology there. Just goes to show such a setup can be done well, if and only if someone puts in effort to make it so.

2 Likes

Maybe. But just as a tv viewer and I hear “most experienced political reporter” to me that refers to just being a journalist in that particular field.

Granted, but my point was on principle. Same as using the French (or Belgian, in Seven’s case) flag with a decorative bullet hole during the Paris attacks. Tacky.

2 Likes

@AustralianAerial, you’d better not be going around trying to convince people that news organisations need to practice such burdensome idealistic notions such as decent journalistic principles.

Let them go a little wild with the red disaster graphics and instilling of fear into the populace. Just lighten up mate, okay?

2 Likes

Seven News Sydney now seems to be using the Endtag with Fergo & Usher for all promos. Seen at the end of the promo for their Boxing Day sales “Special Report” airing on Christmas night:

It’ll be interesting to see if this one remains in use after Mark returns for 2017. Personally I hope so, if only because the footage used in the Mark Ferguson promo endtag used all year wasn’t updated even after the backdrop change!

2 Likes