Seven AFL Coverage

Old Daily Edition desk used today for big freeze

3 Likes

Was that same desk used on AFL Game Day this year as part of its new set?

1 Like

Seven held a virtual event this afternoon to relaunch its coverage of the 2020 AFL season.

4 Likes

I think we’ll see new graphics tonight

The font that is usually used for the scoreboard is usually on the watermark but with a change, I can see a change of graphics

1 Like

I think the graphics won’t change since the current set was only introduced at the start of the 2019 season.

3 Likes

The current set of graphics were introduced at the start of 2018

4 Likes

This is what they should use!

3 Likes

The 7 sport HD watermark on The Front Bar last night looked awkward.

1 Like

no change

1 Like

Also, I thought they weren’t going to be at the ground?

Anyone watching in NSW/ QLD/ WA that can share the 7mate “Sport” version of the new logo graphic?

1 Like

Interesting to note that “Sport” was in red during The Front Bar - changed to white tonight

1 Like

110% agree with you foxyrover! I was thinking this exact change myself. Would look heaps better!

Also worth mentioning a new 7 Sport opener. Cannot believe they’ve canned the iconic “Fanfare For The Common Man” theme!!! :astonished::astonished::astonished:

It just says 7mate HD. And looks clumsy too.

1 Like

Missed it!

I believe this is being broadcast on the main BT Sports channel in the UK. Apparently, they even have a local commentary team at the start of their broadcast informing people of the games rules.

5 Likes

Can’t believe the footy is back :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I can understand why, the red “SPORT” during last night’s The Front Bar looked quite dodgy!

The tweaked white is a bit better, but still not great. Should’ve just left the sport markings as they were, aside from changing the typeface of “LIVE & FREE” + “HD” to the new network font of course.

1 Like

The Age is reporting that Seven has the rights to the AFL for two extra years at a discount, that takes them to 2024.

Just heard it on ABC Grandstand, I’ll find a link and edit this post when I do.

EDIT: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-secures-revised-broadcast-deal-20200611-p551nc.html

3 Likes

What the hell are those graphics in the background?