Seven AFL Coverage

He needs to be sacked from Seven and go work for someone else. I hear Foxtel is in need of some good minds to help them out of their troubles.

4 Likes

This long weekend is the last round of Seven’s Footy Vault before the 2020 season resumes.

Saturday 6 June at 7pm
Melbourne: 2013 AFL preliminary final 1: Hawthorn v Geelong
Adelaide: 1997 AFL semi final 2: Adelaide v Geelong
Perth: 1999 AFL qualifying final 1: Western Bulldogs v West Coast

Sunday 7 June at 3pm (all states)
Seven’s Footy Vault: Top 5 Grand Finals of 21st Century

Monday 8 June
Melbourne v Collingwood (Round 12, 2017)
Melbourne 2.00pm on Channel 7
Sydney 12.00pm on 7mate
Brisbane 12.00pm on 7mate
Adelaide 12.00pm on Channel 7
Perth 12.00pm on Channel 7

2 Likes

I personally hope they’ll include either one of both of those classic Sydney vs West Coast Grand Finals.

According to the TV guide it’ll be the Round 12, 2017 match.

1 Like

It is absolutely embarrassing that the lead broadcaster has suspended two football shows. A shocking look. The AFL really shouldn’t be looking to extend its current rights with the FTA network. Nine would do a much better job. They are committed to airing the news, events and voices of the AFL across most nights of the week.

6 Likes

Foxtel guide (at this stage) says “S17” AKA 2007 (if 1990 was AFL S1)?

Which would be this Queens Birthday game (which was actually broadcast by 10):

1 Like

Doing exactly as he did at 10.
Real shame that they have axed these shows.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they start swinging the axe on their news department within the next few months.

3 Likes

They’d be stupid to do that. Their news is literally the only thing that is holding firm against Nine/10.

Disappointing they’ve suspended both shows but it’s to be expected thanks to that over-inflated deal that they’ve signed which is the main culprit behind their financial woes these years. Talking Footy was also never given a chance since it was shunted to 7Mate instead of the main channel in the AFL states.

If they axe The Front Bar in the future then they might as well tell the AFL to get stuffed and say goodbye.

We could very well be witnessing the death of Seven as a network if they don’t get the AFL rights (and treat them well) for the future. They know they need it so they might as well invest in it.

Nine seems committed but they won’t get it unless they can get it exclusively one way or another.

5 Likes

The 18 players were confirmed today.

Adelaide: Taylor Walker
Brisbane: Mitch Robinson
Carlton: Patrick Cripps
Collingwood: Steele Sidebottom
Essendon: Orazio Fantasia
Fremantle: Michael Walters
Geelong: Joel Selwood
Gold Coast: Brandon Ellis ← replaced by AFLW player Kalinda Howarth
GWS: Toby Greene
Hawthorn: Issac Smith
Melbourne: Christian Petracca
North Melbourne: Ben Brown
Port Adelaide: Tom Rockliff
Richmond: Jack Riewoldt
St. Kilda: Brad Hill
Sydney: Isaac Heeney
West Coast: Brad Sheppard
Western Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a full national sports based program in the future. The return of Sports World maybe?

3 Likes

It was a 10 match

1 Like

The Front Bar is made by Mick Molloy’s own production company Front Bar Entertainment so it should be safe.

1 Like

Former commentator Dennis Cometti was inducted into Australian Football Hall of Fame earlier tonight.

During tonight’s Hall of Fame presentation, Fox Footy even showed a tribute from former colleague Bruce McAvaney.

4 Likes

Simply awesome well done Dennis

5 Likes

Some food for thought.

Given Bruce will be stuck in Adelaide due to travel restrictions, I reckon it would make sense for him to commentate the Showdown this Saturday night. Even if it has to be in his own home, or in Seven’s Adelaide studios, so be it.

5 Likes

Daisy Pearce and Mick Molloy hosting Big Freeze 6 at the Talking Footy set in front of three giant TV screens. Could the AFL hosting set be similar when the season resumes on Thursday?
EDIT:

5 Likes

I would think so

2 Likes

It’s tough to criticise such a good cause and it’s coronavirus affected, but not enjoying this year’s ‘Big Freeze’ at all, very lame attempts by the clubs at a ‘slide’ (or lack there of), one team used a wheelie bin and Mick seems off today, no chemistry with Daisy, mismatched.

1 Like

Exactly, very poor efforts by the clubs all be it good job for still making a big freeze

2 Likes

The only club which made a good attempt was Melbourne because they got a massive inflatable slide for their players to slide down.

Like you said though, what’s more important is the cause and getting people to donate to Fight MMD

5 Likes