Random Mocks

Given everyone is digging up old mocks, here’s a few I have on file (mostly sport, which doesn’t seem to come up a lot here).

Very old test cricket mock. I’ve always like the top left scoreboard, also if you thought the olympic graphics were ginormous…

More recent mock: if Ten picked up the rights to the Ashes, and a general simplification of their gfx.

A nice simple but engaging NRL scoreboard.

7 Likes

This is the earliest mock that I can find on my PC from 2015.

5 Likes

I got bored and made this…

48%20AM

9 Likes

Plus HR Equals E News?

3 Likes

Yes. :rofl:

I visit here often and don’t really contribute apart from the odd time, but I’ve never done a full mock. This is my first, criticism welcome of course.

Basically it’s what if Three News wasn’t replaced with Newshub.

Titlecard

Headline

Anchor shot (Radio Live Simulcast)

Anchor Shot (Live streamed on the website)

Live Cross to Newsroom

Reporter Shot

Coming Up

Breaking News Ticker (Basically the same as Newshub)

Breaking News live cross

(Edit: Completely forgot about safe zones, so bear that in mind) This whole Mock is basically a rework of Newshub as Three News. Cheers.

7 Likes

Don’t worry, SBS News hasn’t bothered with safe zones for ages, so I don’t see a problem with this (provided it’s only for use in HD :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Continuing with the Three News theme, here’s a website. Something I don’t recall seeing often on here.

3 Likes

The logo needs to jump about, change colour, twitch and have funny little patterns on it from time to time… oh, and change font then change back again for no reason whatsoever. :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl:

:eyes: Coming Soon…

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Mock: The Morning Project

The off-centredness of the title card kinda pisses me off, so whipped up some options - two red, two blue, one ‘9’ logo and one ‘9 news’ logo

Blue logo
03_06_2018_14_44_0203_06_2018_14_44_02

Modified red logo
03_06_2018_14_44_0203_06_2018_14_44_02

14 Likes

9 News Breaking News

I reckon 9 Breaking News or 9 News Breaking sounds better than the repetition.

3 Likes

Nine should be more careful and stop breaking the news :rofl:

6 Likes

I hear the news can be pretty fragile.

2 Likes

Why not just call it Nine News Latest OR Nine Newsroom Latest (after all CTC 7 used to call their news updates Newsroom Latest) OR even Nine Newsbreak

2 Likes

Because if it’s not breaking, is it even really news?

4 Likes

does anyone know how I could get the 9News transitions and put them onto a green background that I could then place into an imovie project as a green screen effect so I can get the transition on my video?

A quick, crude mockup inspired by the new set in Tasmania, if they ever decided to use a wide shot photograph of the set to key in behind Fraser back in Canberra.

For a wide shot, wheel the desk out of the way and freeze the globe backdrop when Australia pops up. Use a cap from one of the studio cameras. Then key that photo in behind Fraser, with his camera far enough back to include the desk he uses (if at all possible in Canberra). And of course send over the Tasmania graphics and logo, but use the SA theme.

For the standard presenter shot and OTS shots, simply key in a still of the globe backdrop frozen on Australia.

All I could find of Fraser was the official bulletin YouTube channel, so quality is not so great.

7 Likes