Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The best clip I could find of that famous bulletin from June 1993 was 5.38 mark of this.

If I’m not mistaken, Ken Sutcliffe said something among the lines of “Nice to see you again!” at the cross to sport that night! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one… thanks!

2 Likes

Also managed to find this, in relation to that bulletin:

Although it most likely won’t happen, I’d love to see the full/unedited version of the “Hendo in the dark” bulletin at some stage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

An early edition of ACA opened with “I’m sorry you can’t see me, but I hope you can hear me.” as the studio lights failed. When they came on “our lights have returned but we’re taking no chances.”

4 Likes

Today’s Semi National Afternoon bulletin presented by Amelia Adams.

2 Likes

Interest Rates:

4 Likes

I think that “No Change” font in the last 2 caps is too small.

They’ve got a WHOLE video wall to spread it across for goodness sake! :smiley:

7 Likes

I find it funny how it say Breaking News then it says no change. Its like a powerball or tatts ticket say You are a winner! Then you only win a dollar

9 Likes

A few stuff ups from this afternoon’s Sydney bulletin.

6 Likes

The lead story on tonight’s Nine News Sydney was fears of a Legionnaires Disease outbreak at a Surry Hills building home to several government departments. Meanwhile on Seven, apparently they had a lead story which IMO would’ve better kept for towards the end of the bulletin - the redevelopment of Central Station.

Aside from that observation, another instalment of “OMG, FLOOR GRAPHICS!!!” with Ross Greenwood and a rather tacky innovation, computer-inserted jeans! Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should Nine…

Also interesting to see that the vision for Amber Sherlock’s on-location forecast in Balmoral Beach was only in upconverted SD (although the overlayed graphics were in native HD) - I would’ve thought that Nine would pick one of the vans that can send out HD pictures for the weather segment since viewers would be looking at that shot for a good 2-3 minutes or so:

I’m pretty sure they have been for about 15 years now?

Anyway, you won’t be surprised to know what this week’s viewer competition is for:

True to form, I’d imagine that Seven News Sydney will do a similar competition sometime in the next week or two.

10 Likes

Who tucks their suit coat into their jeans? Very tacky.

6 Likes

Also forgot to mention earlier another observation which might interest @Radiohead!

One of the reports in the first segment of tonight’s bulletin was about a vicious dog attack that happened to a three year old boy in the Newcastle suburb of Mayfield…and Nine Sydney actually got Elise Baker to travel up that way and do a PTC for the report!

If any video from NBN was used during the report at all, I’d guess that it was the SD vision used (including a “witness” interview which had no station microphones in view) but Nine Sydney seemed to film other footage for the report including the police press conference/interview about the incident (fairly zoomed in shot, although you can see 2HD and KOFM branded microphones) in HD:

4 Likes

those jeans would be a graphic.

2 Likes

Really? I just thought Pete noticed that he, Cam and Ross were all wearing dark suits so insisted that Ross put a spare pair of jeans on halfway through his report.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I wouldn’t have realised if you hadn’t pointed that out …

1 Like

I agree, I don’t care if all three blokes had dark suits on, it still looks way better than those computer inserted jeans… yuk yuk.

Unless Amber had something to do with that! :grinning:

2 Likes

Unsure if it’s been in use, but Nine appear in Melbourne to be using the same style news break ender shot as 7.
Usually none just have Hitch at the newsdesk as the end shot. But it’s a team one now
Tony, Pete and Lavinia
Same as
Tim, Pete and Jane on 7

Same positioning and style on their sets too.
Found it quite funny

4 Likes

Would be nice to see Nine feature Hitch and Alicia Loxley together in promotional material for Nine News Melbourne because it’s 2018. Same deal here in Sydney with Overton & Knight.

7 Likes

The spelling disease has spead to Adelaide. Supers for a story on a wedding thief named the story (in the upper blue section) as WEDDING THEIF…

No caps I’m afraid.

1 Like

Here you go, from Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgDIlQ0FVuo/

Caption: Peter Overton & Deborah Knight. Sydney’s No. 1 News. :person_in_tuxedo::woman_office_worker:#9NewsSt6

(proper link)

3 Likes