Random Mocks

Just playing around in After Effects and decided to improve on WIN’s watermark.

9 Likes

Looks fantastic, but I would shift the logos closer together, so that it just looks like the WIN wordmark is shrinking in place, not moving down too.

Sadly Bruce wouldn’t like it, too transparent…

3 Likes

I originally tried doing that, but then when the wordmark shrunk it was too far out and would be intrusive to the viewer. If I shifted the whole thing closer to the corner, then the map would be out of the TV safe area. It’s definitely far from a finished product, but it was just a mock I made while experimenting with features in After Effects.

If only WIN had your consideration for the viewer. Great job anyway.

2 Likes

Brilliant!
If only WIN would implement this!!

1 Like

“Our reporters are standing by live in London, first to Hugh Whitfeld (Mark swivels to face screens), Hugh…”

Only works when you’ve got two reporters lined up though. I suppose you could have one reporter up and then continue to backdrop graphics across the other screen.

11 Likes

exactly what should be done. When it’s one reporter as you said just extend the backdrop to the left screen or even put the reporters name on it.

4 Likes

Thought I’d have a go incorporating the classic Fox FM logo with the current Hit look - thoughts?

17 Likes

It’s better than the logo actually in use right now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Graphics for the UK election

7 Likes

Nice, I especially like how clean the layout is. The only problem I have with it is the massive grey bar, which I feel is a bit of a waste of on-screen real estate.

Which network do you envision would use them?

5 Likes

Not sure. I didn’t have that in mind when making it. Maybe like a ITV.

1 Like

Fair enough, I could definitely see it being used for ITV.

Which font did you use, out of interest? Looks similar to the new ABC font.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is the ABC font.

Nice, mind if I ask how you got it? Am thinking of doing an ABC2 mock.

1 Like

Here you go! Just go into that topic.

4 Likes

:heartbeat:

4 Likes

Watching Mel present from London tonight and I can’t help but feel that Sunday Night should be presented from the performance area of Sunrise once again, but instead make use of the view on Elizabeth street. Something along the lines of this by @eddel

9 Likes

Off topic a little, but looking at that previous image, I certainly wish 7, 9 or 10 would reintroduce late editions of their bulletins. I know they’re not exactly going to get the best ratings, etc. but they dedicate a lot of time (7 and 9) to covering afternoon news (especially 9), why not spread it around a little and have a half-hour bulletin at 10:30/11:00 at night!

4 Likes

Just knocked out 2 different versions of the same thing, incorporating both the Lowy era TEN and the current ten logos.
Pt 1: http://imgur.com/nvttAAN
Pt 2: http://imgur.com/B6fhOsD

2 Likes