Hit Network

Presumably because of the overlap between Maryborough (Hit101.9) with Bundaberg (Hitz 939)? Doesn’t explain 104.1 though.

1 Like

Absolutely agree

Yeah, it does sound crazy, but it’s been done before. It’s not usually a great idea either, but in 2DayFM’s case it can’t get much worse.

You’re probably right on that one, but it’s not really a requirement in 2020.

MediaSpy has found a solution - but do we think they would agree to do breakfast?

Agreed. Smallzy would be a good coup, but I doubt he’d leave Nova.

2 Likes

They’d both have to leave The Project to do it, so not sure. There’d have to be a big carrot dangled.

Not Smallzy exactly, but they type of show he’s doing with a solid name attached.

2 Likes

Maz did work, in afternoons. Problem was, the network wanted ratings to combat K&J overnight, something that takes years.

6 Likes

I noticed that too… Odd as you already have I Heart 90s on ARN…

What I liked about Oldskool was it was a variety of 80s, 90s and 00s.

Seems to have narrowed the playlist more.

9 Likes

A promo for The Fox’s 40th anniversary appeared on their Instagram page this week

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGHO0mbBCX5/

Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed something interesting in the carousel of logos at the start of the clip, namely this:

A very unique logo there. Wonder where that came from? :wink:

9 Likes

Obviously the Fox brand has become iconic in Melbourne but I still don’t really get where it came from and why it was chosen originally. Anyone know?

6 Likes

I’d love to know that story, also not the only 101.9 Fox FM that’s existed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WQJJ-LP

5 Likes

I was going to post a screenshot of that, very interesting. Something they should have done as part of the rebrand I think. Really go back to its roots.

2 Likes

Fox are doing a retrospective podcast it seems, but I can only find it on their website and not through Apple podcasts which is a shame.

3 Likes

Hopefully they launch separate Old Skool 80’s & 00’s only stations one day.

3 Likes
7 Likes

And, that, 2Day FM, is how you celebrate a milestone.

5 Likes

The last decade or so of 2DayFM isn’t really worth celebrating though.

5 Likes

Fair enough re: K&J, but surely 2Day could’ve had something similar? Put Wendy, Mooney & Holmesy back together along with the rest of that Fox lineup?

Back to Fox - it’s interesting they’ve got Matt & Jo… no bad blood there I suppose?

I wonder if they’d ever bringing those two back maybe for a summer fill in or weekend morning show? Or even possibly a regular podcast? Considering Fox’s recent ratings and the fact M&J are both no longer in radio, this could quite easily be a possibility.

2 Likes

They could have got Dan and Maz, Fifi and Jules, Hamish and Andy with Merrick and Sophie too.

Plenty of talent outside of Kyle and Jackie O to showcase 2Day FM.

4 Likes

SO true. Just the successful OTHER shows are enough to fill the day.

They could even bring Ron E. Sparkes back.

2 Likes

Of course, Wendy Harmer is also currently presenting the breakfast show on another Sydney radio station! :wink:

Aside from that point, how much of 2DayFM’s current audience is likely to be nostalgic for the old 1990s/2000s Morning Crew?

2 Likes

Probably a few, considering all the 90s pop they’re playing at the moment

4 Likes

How much of Fox’s target demos (which are even younger than 2DayFM’s - at least before the rebrand) is likely to be nostalgic for Grubby & Dee Dee or even Barry Bissell to a lesser extent? Ugly Phil hasn’t really been into CHR/Hot AC for a while either.

3 Likes