Random Mocks

I didn’t know if I should post this here or in supermarket thread, so I decided to put it here. My mock for what Safeway would look like if it were to still be used in Victoria on shops, promotions etc. I know it isn’t great, but it is just an idea.

6 Likes

They would have done what Countdown does in NZ - use the W bit of the logo but with a different name next to it.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably correct. I just wanted to have a go at something different, that’s all.

No it wouldn’t look anything like that, because the Woolworths represents an apple, so Safeway would be completely different

1 Like

Well that’s not entirely correct, there’s no reason why they couldn’t use it for Safeway similarly to how they do for the Countdown stores in New Zealand which they did when they rebranded all of their Countdown, Woolworths and Foodtown stores to the same branding.

2 Likes

Wait are all Woolworths and foodtown now countdown, why didn’t they just have Woolworths, wouldn’t it be cheaper if every store AUS/NZ were under the same name and logo?

2 Likes

Because there was already a separate Woolworths brand (founded in 1929). Woolworths Australia didn’t acquire the NZ brand until 2005.

Countdown was a larger, more established brand and was more similar to Woolworths Australia. Woolworths NZ only had about 60 stores before the rebranding to Countdown began.

4 Likes

It’s just a mock. I know it would probably have the “Apple” logo but I just wanted to try something different.

I am thankful for all your responses.

4 Likes

Logical but still a little surprising given they not long ago went to just the Woolworths brand here & the opportunity to use that same brand, and they’ve got the W apple logo next to countdown.
I would’ve guessed they might have at least used their brand on the Woolworths stores & possibly renamed the Foodtown stores to Woolworths instead of countdown.

But back to the point; thanks @killy06 for pointing out what WW have actually done with a different brand name.

I’m to understand it came down to brand recognition. Woolworths didn’t have a very good name for itself in NZ and market research was suggesting that a change to the Woolworths name could have cost them more than rebranding to a brand New Zealanders trusted for groceries.

Similar logic behind the decision to rebrand to Safeway in Victoria back in the 80s after WOW acquired the Australian Safeway business from the US Safeway Inc.

3 Likes

Updated WIN News key using elements from the old 2009 key.

21 Likes

I don’t think going back to that old backdrop is good, just use the current one but replace the blue clouds with local imagery, I think the angled screen COULD be used for intro and end, and then the normal angle screen used during the news, but I still think they should go from green screen to full set.

A follow-up to my original WIN News mock from July last year, I have used clips from promos to replace the Nine-esque WIN News glossy logo and openers with the current logo. The fact that it’s used everywhere EXCEPT the bulletin openers themselves is still ridiculous, seeing as they already have the promo graphics that can be re-purposed.

Apologies for the crudity of the landscape clip and logo, I currently only have access to basic video editing, but you get the idea.

4 Likes

I’d use the Ten theme.

1 Like

Or rather the “Steel” theme, which WIN News uses as closer.

2 Likes

I love this theme, probably my favourite news theme. Listen to all of it and you’d get what I’m saying

Where can I find it?

Try here

3 Likes

An ad’s interpretation of Seven News that I came across.

7 Likes