Random Mocks

It’s a good start :+1:

Next step would be aligning the logos and channel numbers into columns, resizing the logos so the dots are the same size, and use the glossy logos for the multichannels to match 9, 9HD and Gold.

9 Likes

Here’s a link to the mock design: WIN Network placeholder modernised - Canva, for editing and viewing purposes, as I have given up editing my mock design for now, so I would like others on this forum to fix my remaining mistakes. I generated a glossy logo for 9Gem, 9Go!, and 9Life, and I also modified the channel numbers typeface to match the channel design and logo.

This is my improved version of my previous mock, which has all the features mentioned in my previous post:

1 Like

Why so small?

1 Like

I increased the size of the mock to 1080p (1920x1080). The original size of the mock was 720x526.

Thanks for your comment, @EntertainingAus. Here’s a redesigned version of my previous mock:

I also want to share the Canva link again, for viewing and editing purposes: WIN Network placeholder modernised (1920 × 1080px) - Canva

Yours sincerely, Bas

1 Like

This was more what I meant about matching the logo sizes and aligning the columns:

13 Likes

This is the completed WIN placeholder mock, with the formats of each channel, the Nine on the WIN Network tag, and copyright information added since my last revision, as well as matching logos:

I just wonder, will this mock have a voiceover?

I reckon the first line will say, “The WIN Network is the world’s largest privately-owned network in the world”, per the 2017 placeholder.

I encourage you, to please send this to WIN themselves, and they might put this placeholder on LCNs 86 to 89, to prepare for a future LCN reshuffle on the WIN stations.

4 Likes

Same mock, but with minor changes to the text:

Which one do you prefer, the previous mock I posted or this one?

3 Likes

Didn’t realise Bas was short for Bruce, mappy everywhere!

3 Likes

I sent WIN my mock:

2 Likes

OK?

3 Likes

I think you’ll find that’s an automated message, and no one’s seen it at all. As to why you’d send this to them, I don’t know what you expect them to do with that.

16 Likes

They should stop using the words “reach out” in their automated text it’s a dreadful phrase that people have started using extensively in the last 5 years. We don’t live in America for a start.

2 Likes

If you sent that to WIN News then heck, I should’ve sent my Nine News mocks straight to the CEO and demanded they be implemented.

14 Likes

Not to burst your bubble, but it’s not broadcast quality. WIN would have their own team of graphic designers who would make something up if they needed it.

21 Likes

That’d be an automated message, and I hate to say it but they’re not gonna use your mock on-air

13 Likes

I agree with my mock not being used on-air, because it is not yet ready for broadcast quality, as @EntertainingAus pointed out.

3 Likes

While WIN, nor any Network would use viewer contributed creations for official communications unfortunately, your first ever MediaSpy mock is a good start.

From your initial submission,

To several revisions later, based on feedback,

Is quite a good “glow up” (improvement from the previous) in my opinion!

I hope you continue to create mocks for us all to see, and both the Guide to Mocking and Useful stuff for mocks threads are very informative for mastering the basics, and the latter for various visual and audio assets! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

1 News refresh with new personal on different shows and an early morning news show

14 Likes