Pointless

I am devestated. I really enjoy pointless when I get the chance to watch it. Come on 10 commission Come Dine With Me Australia. A completely different take on game show.

5 Likes

The celebs will probably be people that are on the books with Ten. I guess the type that appears on shows like The Project, HYBPA, Studio 10 or other Ten shows would make it cheap for them to do. Plus they could easily film multiple episodes in a day with the same celebs.

I think it would be better placed on the ABC. I always hated Ten’s version but I’ve watched an episode of the British version on ABC and enjoyed it more. The show seems more suited there and better fits the hour format.

Was to be expected. I can’t see CNG doing any better figures if it is to be in the 6pm timeslot.

I’m biased but I would happily take Family Feud back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .
I’m sure they have learnt their lesson but don’t do any All-star or Sunday versions; just keep it to 5 nights a week.

Move Neighbours to 6pm on 10

9 Likes

Simpsons at 6pm will surely get the ratings up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Celeb Name Game is only a short-run 12 episode filler show that I suspect might even be 60-min.

Weren’t Ten considering a Sale of the Century reboot late last year?

Ten actually axed something.

Now to bring back Simpsons.

:man_facepalming:t2:

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ten’s Early Evening Woes

Took longer than expected but thank god. It was crap. Bring back FF or something similar I say

1 Like

Flip Neighbours to 6pm on 10, Pointless to 6.30pm on Peach.

1 Like

If a show is filmed in advance, you don’t just yank it off screen and waste weeks worth of episodes. They may have decided to stop producing more new episodes right now and that’s what’s leaked out.

1 Like

Didn’t they do the same with Family Feud? 10 hasn’t officially announced its ‘axing’ perhaps they will go down the same line as the Family Feud axing so it doesn’t turn viewers off tuning in.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ten’s Early Evening Woes

… and know your freaking audience. Pointless was always going to be an odd fit for Ten no matter how good the hosts were. Far too cerebral for viewers who were accustomed to the brain numbing content (Feud/Simpsons etc.) they’ve had in that slot over the years.

6 Likes

Yeah but I don’t think the hosts were the issue. And I actually really enjoyed the show. I thought it was great. But probably wasn’t a 10 show.

1 Like

TV Tonight article says it is only a rumour with 10 declining to comment and say it has been axed

10 declining to comment .

1 Like

The article also makes note of its ratings consistently being under 200k which is not sustainable for the 6pm slot on a commercial primary channel.

4 Likes

Lols win had it on win peach which wouldnt have helped either