Ten's Early Evening Woes

Yep, I agree.

While the ratings in regional Australia shouldn’t be ignored, something like 60% of Australia lives in one of the five main metropolitan markets. Regional markets aren’t Ten’s concern, those are mostly WIN’s issue (with a minor role from SCA and joint ventures).

1 Like

With 10 struggling in this 6:00pm timeslot since the Simpsons. 10 surely must be considering commissioning something new. I know in other threads already there have been suggestions such as Crime Watch Daily. What does 10 do from here?

1 Like

5:00 10 News First
6:00 10 News First
7:00 The Project at 7

You heard it here first!

OK, I’m joking about the “you heard it here first” but this is what I think Ten is thinking. And it’s the best option.

By the way, to the above comment (“10 surely must be considering commissioning something new”) yes, you can’t get much more “new” than news.

No local Project at 6:30 - Local news rates better + Local Project is soooo expensive.

2 Likes

Neighbours or News is my pick.

I’d happily watch Burgo doing the game shows from Balls of Steel. Classification might be an issue though.

Just move News into 6pm - National Bulletin, should hold the 400k that watch News First @ 5 and a better flow into The Project at 6:30.

It’s also a brand that has the ability to grow and build in the slot. If a gameshow doesn’t fire it is unlikely to ever increase its audience.

@lexington @Bob Any hints at what is going to happen next? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For the 15 millionth time - NO!!! National news at 6pm does NOT work.

But they should do 10 News First at 5 and 6.

News is required. National or not it will do better than 150k. News at 5 right now is getting around 400k, Project is doing about the same, something to at least hold that audience is required which is News.

I don’t get why national won’t work but thats for another thread, 5pm is already local state based news, no need to repeat that at 6.

They need something for 6pm - 7pm that’s different from everything else news focused that’s already in the slot. A game show (Deal or No Deal, Sale of the Century) or perhaps some type of comedy show might be an option…

3 Likes

Do you get why the Herald Sun, Advertiser, Tele, Courier Mail are biggest sellers… The Australian not so much?

It proves…if this is correct…not just gossip spread from 1 tv gossip nut to another…that game shows don’t work at 6pm.

2 Likes

I wasn’t being serious lol.

Neighbours would do better than news at 6, they’d be better off doing local news after 8.30pm.

3 Likes

They have a lot episodes filmed so don’t expect a replacement show too soon.

What’s the point of axing if they arn’t taking it off the problematic timeslot it’s effecting??

They could even copy what Channel 4 does with Hollyoaks & E4 and have 10 Peach air the next episode immediately after the show airs on 10

2 Likes

Yes, I get that local works but 5pm is local. What’s your plan to differentiate the 5pm and a potential 6pm bulletin?

1 Like
  1. Who says it needs to be differentiated?
  2. You can differentiate but still be local - couple of different stories, new stories, consumer segments or something like that only seen at 6, and different anchors (although I would not do that personally).
1 Like

They tried that. It didn’t work.

1 Like