Nine News Presenters and Reporters

As lovely as that would be, why bother putting a high profile presenter into a role that is, quite frankly, below her? Better to use the slot for reporters to train up, such as Laura Turner who has been doing some days recently.

You’d think Jo would get more exposure reporting on the 6pm news weekdays.

Jo should be used to fill in for Peter Hitchener when he goes on leave in December instead of Tony Jones.

Awful.

This is absolute gold.

Granted, not to everyone’s tastes as you can see from the comment above mine. But I’m sure kids (who let’s be honest, are the target demographic for any Wiggles-related news report) would’ve rather enjoyed it!

I can’t speak for her, but I wouldn’t want to be boots on the ground reporting again over a studio based presenting gig.

4 Likes

Sadly, Tony’s contract means he has to present news for x amount of days, so they burn him off over non-ratings.

Tony’s great. Love it when he fills in over summer. The bulletin is in safe hands with TJ.

2 Likes

He should just continue in the sports role, so Jo can fill in for Pete when he goes on leave.

I actually agree with that. Jo is way better at news.

2 Likes

I wasn’t disagreeing, just saying that that is what is going to happen.

24 October 2021: Monika Kos presented Nine News Sunday tonight.

9 Likes

Maybe trialling to see the ratings?

4 Likes

Livinia live from Geelong floating Christmas Tree this evening as I was driving past.

Thought the weather only was a one or two crew operation, she had about 6/8 crew with her. Plus security. Big operation! Full on autocue and the lot.

5 Likes

It’s still October?
I’m assuming all cities are starting early this year.

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1453271171118604291

3 Likes

She does look quite stunning in person I will say.

4 Likes

30 Oct 2021 — Monika Kos presented Nine News Saturday.

7 Likes

It would be nice if Jo could present the afternoon news Wednesday to Friday when Laura Turner goes on maternity leave.

3 Likes

Heidi Murphy from 3AW is joining Nine News Melbourne on a part-time basis.

2 Likes