Today

How do you expect her to do that? The only reason anyone has seen the opener was because someone (:thinking:) leaked it to Peter Ford. Anyway, it’s not like she manipulated what someone else said or anything. One extract of the many chapters in the book is about how the BTS actions that resulted in a much publicised dismissal made her feel. A clip showing her acting professionally doesn’t discredit that.

I thought that initially. But a one-liner is so much wittier if it looks innocent on the surface… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I agree. Lisa agrees too “I don’t think the camera picked up on it.” Why would you expect otherwise? All I’m saying is that nobody should dismiss how she felt because it was all smiles on air. As I showed, you could easily analyse it the other way.

3 Likes

So true… she did a better job!

3 Likes

No but she did things for other publications and companies post her 9am

Coming across like you have a personal beef with her.

2 Likes

Didn’t do an equal job or wasn’t afforded the same opportunities to do an equal job? For so many years she only did Today and Carols by Candlelight, when she could’ve been on 60 Minutes or other programs which make the best use of her talent.

And before anyone says that she’s not worth the full value to Nine like Karl because she wasn’t committed to the network full time, for all we might know she could’ve had those ties to other companies because she didn’t have the same opportunities at Nine. I think it’s more than just money, but also more opportunities in the years leading up to her dismissal. Karl was front and centre at the network whilst Lisa was only really seen on the occasional election coverage , Carols and Today.

4 Likes

Do we know what the audience research between Karl and Lisa was like? Did audiences favour Karl over Lisa? If that’s the case then that’s probably why Karl was fronting more shows than Lisa - because he was preferred by the audience?

I don’t know - just assuming, so I’m hoping someone can answer this.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Dear oh dear. If he didn’t know it was a wedding and gave two days notice to say he wasn’t coming to the party (which if he really was as rude as she says he wouldn’t have told them at all) then what’s the problem here?

Of course two sides to every story but it certainly isn’t looking good for Lisa. Someone is trying to rip every allegation she’s made to shreds.

2 Likes

And again DC filled in for Karlos this morning also.

4 Likes

And tomorrow. Karl “on assignment”

4 Likes

Chris Kenny says that Lisa Wilkinson’s gender pay gap claims are a ‘joke’.

5 Likes

Honestly who cares what this bloke thinks or says? He wasn’t there at the time and all this is just a hatchet job on Lisa because apparently she’s ‘working for the lefties at The Project’ :roll_eyes:

He’s a useless one trick pony.

11 Likes

Chris Kenny is a questionable news source. He’s pathetic. Anything to “own” the libs with no self awareness. Vile hypocrisy.

4 Likes

To be honest considering the more effort going into discredit Lisa’s version of events, the more I believe them.

6 Likes

Even where it’s been demonstrated that her recollections aren’t what actually happened ie. the actual video of the show on the day in question?

1 Like

Lisa turned down your proposal for a date or something? You’re sounding slightly like a jilted lover with your anti-Lisa stuff.

2 Likes

Sure mate. :roll_eyes: Weird take.

I’m just not for instantly believing something just because someone says it’s true.

We haven’t heard Karl’s side yet. We probably won’t even hear it.

1 Like

You’ve not just disbelieved her take, you’ve taken to posting and amplifying any opposing take you can find. It’s getting weird.

Wtf. It’s what happens on the forum. People post articles about topics all the time. This is a story at the moment. I’m posting the articles. Would you prefer we only focusing on “so and so is presenting today” nonsense that goes on here?

I’m not the only one here doubting and questioning the claims. Go annoy them too. Shoo shoo.

1 Like

Sorry to see you copping a pile on @David, for simply questioning the validity of her claims.

There are two sides to every story. Who knows, maybe parts are real and parts are fiction from both Karl and Lisa’s accounts, but without hearing Karl’s side of the story, we shouldn’t just give Lisa the benefit of the doubt just because.

5 Likes

I agree. The machine is out in force

1 Like