Nine Radio (Talk)

They used to be together but split up a while ago (can’t remember when)

1 Like

They were married yes. Split when Jimmy was revealed to have had an affair

1 Like

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Jon Anderson, Sportsday (produced by Crocmedia) will come back to the management of 3AW in 2022, with a name change to Wide World of Sports likely, like the show currently on 2GB and 4BC. And long-time host Gerard Healy is expected to be given first right of refusal to continue in that role.

4 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if this will allow for the show to be extended to 8pm, which would allow Money News to focus on content for the other states.

Should Gerard and/or Sam decide to not continue in the role, Ox and Marko (hosts of The Twilight Zone) would be good replacements for them.

2 Likes

I’m surprised nobody picked that up yet (the fact 3AW and 6PR don’t have the WWOS branding).

1 Like

The Australian’s Media Diary reports that Heidi Murphy is leaving her post as Neil Mitchell’s executive producer.

She told management she wanted a new challenge, and will now split her time reporting for Nine News and on-air roles at 3AW. At Nine, Heidi will report for the 6pm news, and at 3AW, will continue to fill-in for Drive host Tom Elliott, and co-host the Sunday Morning program.

Replacing Heidi is Alyssa Allen, Seven News Melbourne chief of staff.

3 Likes

Good on her. I was only thinking the other day she has been doing Neil’s program for a while now and hopefully she won’t leave the network. Good for her wanting more challenges!
Look forward to seeing and heaving her more

3 Likes

Heidi was the Victorian political reporter for 3AW before she became EP of Neil Mitchell program. Has she done any reports in front of a camera?

2 Likes

Yes she has been a reporter on Weekend Today.

2 Likes

I’m very happy for Heidi that she gets to report on the nightly news and continue her on air roles at 3AW, but she’s essentially the driving force behind Neil Mitchell’s program so will be a big loss behind the scenes.

Kate Stevenson, Mikkayla Mossop now Heidi Murphy (sort of), who’s next?

5 Likes

It’s like any job though. People don’t stay in the same role forever and people move on. It’s just life.

4 Likes

Tony Jones, Dee Dee Dunleavy and Tom Elliott are broadcasting their programs from Flemington today, ahead of the Melbourne Cup this afternoon.

5 Likes

3AW will also broadcast from Flemington on Thursday for Oaks Day, and Saturday from 6am to 7pm AEDT for Mackinnon Stakes Day.

3 Likes

Paramount+ Stakes Day.

1 Like

As per the live stream

4 Likes

The full name of Saturday’s feature race is Paramount+ Mackinnon Stakes.

4 Likes

Apologies, I didn’t realise.

I thought P+ had taken over as naming rights, which they have, but didn’t realise the history of why it’s called the Mackinnon Stakes Day until reading up about it.

2 Likes

That is a big loss for Neil’s show. Alyssa should have the know how, however losing Heidi from EP’ing Neil’s show is a loss of years of knowledge.

5 Likes

Exactly.

Begs the question, do you remember who was the EP of Ross & John prior to Mikkayla?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is just me but I can’t get any of the audio you have posted to play :frowning:

When going direct to the source it gives a forbidden error. The links have an expiry variable in them so maybe they were only temporary and I’m too late.

1 Like