Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Why is Nine News Melbourne retweeting a tweet from a 7 News Melbourne journalist?

6 Likes

Mustā€™ve been a mistake, looks to have been deleted now.

1 Like

Has anyone seen Jo Hall file any reports in the last couple of weeks or so since sheā€™s been back?

1 Like

Looks like Michael Thompson is in Canarvon for tonightā€™s news.

9 Likes

Renae has returned back to the Perth team after a lengthy break, filing a story on Cleo today.

11 Likes

Monika also at 6 tonight presenting the other news of the day from the studio.

Still so strange seeing Monika going up against Rick and Sue.

6 Likes

Late News with Monika plz.

7 Likes
7 Likes

(8-9/11/2021) Andrew Lofthouse is presenting the Afternoon News in Brisbane Monday and Tuesday this week.

(8/11/2021) Eva Milic presented solo on the Gold Coast tonight.

8 Likes

Very interesting to see Nine pairing up TJ and Alicia again. Obviously testing the waters.

7 Likes

Two awards for Amelia Adams tonight

10 Likes

(12/11/2021) Jonathan Uptin is presenting the Friday night bulletin in Brisbane.

5 Likes

Does anyone reckon that QTQ might be testing the waters for adopting the Sunday-Thursday/Friday-Saturday night format as seen in Sydney?

To my knowledge this is the second time this year (and possibly ever since he took the weekend reins from Darren Curtis and Alison Ariotti in 2018) that Jonathan Uptin has presented Nine News Queensland on a Friday night.

While I donā€™t know much about the south-east Queensland ratings apart from the fact that Nine News has won the year in that market, having Andrew and Melissa present on a Sunday night, straight off the NRL coverage during non-daylight saving time, could (potentially) give them the all-important edge against Katrina Blowers on Seven in 2022.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure testing the waters counts when itā€™s happened twice.

Thereā€™s probably a very simple explanation (ie. annual leave)

3 Likes

Andrew and Melissa would have been given a break after both having fronted Nine Afternoon News recently.

Ratings for last nightā€™s bulletin were one of the lowest for Nine in Brisbane this year, almost costing them the week (they did lose at 6pm) so I suspect they will avoid this situation in the future if possible.

4 Likes

Itā€™s interesting to me that Jonathan isnā€™t as competitive. Iā€™d have maybe expected a slight dip but not so much that theyā€™d lose 6pm.

Iā€™d have to agree though, if this was a trial for moving to Sunday-Thursday, I wouldnā€™t call it successful.

1 Like

Bring Paul Taylor in - Darwin Mon to Friā€¦ QTQ Friday and Saturday! Heā€™s real talent

Yeah thatā€™s not going to be practical on Fridays.

Plus Paul already does 2 days of afternoon news along with Darwin. Canā€™t imagine him wanting to take on more.

1 Like

Wow. Iā€™m surprised heā€™s lasted this long on weekends TBH.

1 Like

Erin Molan is on the front cover of Stellar magazine today.

1 Like