Hit Network

Well, they’ve just worked out that trying to be the same thing in every market wasn’t working so they’re tailoring themselves to each one instead.

4 Likes

Revolutionary!

Back to the future.

Anyone been streaming hit107 lately? Are the sweepers similar to 2Day?

Return to SA FM was feedback about this. Agree. This is lipstick on a pig stuff.

2 Likes

DO you think the name change from safm to hit107 helped them that much anyway? I mean it didn’t take them to number 1…

That’s my point Tommy, it made no difference, leave as is and retain goodwill and brand value.

SAFM was not a ‘significantly wounded’ station like 2DAY and 2UE have been in recent time by huge talent losses. It was on a slow decline against a then local Nova that was very well managed.

Lack of spending on bfast talent another problem that beset both 5MMM and SAFM, that was a HQ created problem, not local mismanagement.

Carrie & Tommy hosting The Backstreet Boys Live in Vegas

I wonder if they will do the same as they did last year with Pink and send multiple personalities from their different morning shows around the country. Em’s interview with Pink was hilarious!

The Fox is back to branding itself “Melbourne’s #1 Hit Music Station” with less references to hits and old skool.

6 Likes

In what Promos, on air positioning, sweepers ??? What form? Or is it in RDS?

No idea about RDS, but sweepers and ID’s by the jocks.

Ok thanks, I’ll have to listen

Updated in the station’s twitter bio too.

Is that four different positioners now in use across the Hit metros? 2DayFM is “More Music, More Variety” and hit107 is now “More Music, More 90s” - wonder if Perth or Brisbane will keep the Hits & Old School format for much longer.

They all used to have different logos, names and slogans. I think it makes sense as every market is different, now if only they’d ditch the H logo and bring back Foxy Fox.

2 Likes

I doubt that’s going to happen.

3 Likes

Wonder if this will also be on digital radio?

Called it:

I’ll take the Bertocchi ham now thanks Ross & John

1 Like