Hit Network

Radio diva Em Rusciano causes more pain for bosses
Radio industry experts have called out Em Rusciano for self-sabotaging her career suggesting she wants to be released from her contract at 2DayFM.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/radio-diva-causing-headache-for-bosses/news-story/4c9e99243d39cb3c368df53e3706bbd9

15 of which is networked. Of that, 3.5 hours comes from Melbourne and 3 hours from Brisbane.

If I was working at 2Day I’d be worried about them taking a leaf out of Nova’s book and running all 2Day programming out of Melbourne. The only thing stopping them at the moment is that it would mean messing with Fox’s winning formula.

1 Like

What’s from Brissy?

How? If Sydney’s simply taking the same stuff? Also I’d warrant that Fox’s ‘winning formula’ is the name Fox and the 101.9 frequency. You could put a cymbal clapping monkey on the breakfast shift of Fox and it would still rate.

1 Like

Collective Noun

Collective Noun (10pm-12am) and Those Two Girls (5am-6am) - both live.

Fox’s daytime shifts are very Melbourne centric. Even the laziest programmer would require that to be toned back if the same shift was going into Sydney, which would make both stations sound boring and bland the same as Nova. Fox would definitely rate weaker during the day if that were the case.

Some of Fox’s success may be the frequency and heritage, but that’s also because they’ve served up quality, stable content for pretty much the whole life of the station. The ratings have shown in the past periods of time when they’ve temporarily lost the plot and ratings have dropped.

5 Likes

That very green development show in late nights. It should not be a network show but SCA have a hunch providing shows all day/night is the key to success. Late nights and middawns should be local and staffed.

Aaron Rich will be anchoring Fifi, Fev and Byron until Tuesday whilst Byron Cooke is on leave.

who has been covering the Melbourne GOLD 104.3 breakfast show ahead of Christian O’Connell start??

Whippy. (Brendon Dangar)

She’s going.

It’s same old tired line of sporting coaches where it’s said, “the board offers the full support to Mr XYZ”, sure, until the next meeting.

1 Like

Interesting post from hit107 instagram today https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqVjcRj36O/?taken-by=hit107adelaide

2 Likes

Oh no.

On another note, just got caught up in the Kate and Hughesy Barb and Carey videos, but I couldn’t figure out what was going on? Are they just making fun of a man who is trying to do online dating or is there something more there?

He’s a Nigerian scammer. So they are scamming the scammer by wasting his time (Barb pretending to be in love with him)

3 Likes

Aha, just watched the intro of one the videos which would have been a good place to start which explains it. Thanks though.

1 Like

They did it on KIIS a few years ago too, it’s quite tedious.

3 Likes

This fragmented Hit “network” is getting very strange.

2DayFM - More music, more variety
FoxFM/Hit105/Hit929 - Hits & old skool
Hit107 - More music, more 90s
Hit1047 - Canberra’s hit music station

5 Likes

Aren’t 104.7 running the Hits & Old School format? Could’ve sworn they were last time I was there

2 Likes

yes they are

1 Like