COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Again tonight, Waleed pushing his borderline anti-vaxxer attitude. Very persistent against Tanya Plibersek, suggesting that conspiracy theorists and mis-information spreaders like Craig Kelly should be respected and engaged with instead of being silenced. Very much “very fine people on both sides”.

Surprised Waleed hasn’t been generating more condemnation, its one thing for Pete Evans to do this, much worse when a host of a news show with an academic background does it.

2 Likes

here in vic

Is there a clip of this? I usually only have The Project on in the background and saw the interview tonight but wasn’t really paying attention… that attitude from Waleed surprises me to be honest - doesn’t seem to be one who’d side with an individual like Craig Kelly… Waleed is pretty hard left.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dan Andrews due to speak tonight.

1 Like

Here we go again. SA, Queensland and now WA have set a precedent on this (which I support), now it’s Victoria’s turn.

In the midst of this breaking news, ABC NEWS is showing The bloody 7.30 Report at 8.30pm

Oh god, could Victoria be going into another lockdown?

Wouldn’t surprise me if they add some restrictions on whilst they work to get this under control.

ABC News’s daily website blog has finished for the day and didn’t cover the breaking news either.

WA Government imposed a 5-day lockdown for Perth and the South West region after a hotel security guard tested positive. It will be interesting to see the response from the Victorian Government, especially with Australian Open tennis starting next Monday.

2 Likes

dan could be speaking at 10pm

I don’t know… I can’t see Andrews putting Melbourne into a snap lockdown over 1 case.

Again… ugh.

As the minimum, I think the Victorian Government will postpone plans to allow 75% of private and public sector workers to return to the office next Monday.

1 Like

I think this new case seen just now from a hotel worker in Melbourne reiterates the point that hotel quarantine must be taken out of the big cities and moved to rural and regional areas, with a similar setup to Howard Springs.

4 Likes

Hmm, but what if a Breach occurs in those Regional and Rural areas? A lot of them do not have the medical resources for a COVID outbreak, especially B117 and B1351 as well as COH.20G/501Y

For information about the COH.20G/501Y Strain

2 Likes

The probably only saving grace out of this news is that Hotel Quarantine workers get tested every day so hopefully a leak into the wider community it very low along with that person’s movements. Close contacts have been tested and are isolating.

10:30pm press conference -

1 Like

“We’ll be crossing live to Dan Murphy… uh Dan Andrews shortly.” - ABC The World presenter at 10.30pm

Guess she’s got the right idea.

13 Likes

Australian Open support worker tested positive.

2 Likes

774 3LO Melbourne (Listening by Skywave) (and other ABC Local Stations in Victoria) has interrupted an Interview about Mental Health for the press conference.

1 Like

The whole bloody team is there :flushed:

1 Like

he statement says:

New statewide restrictions come into effect from 11:59pm tonight, 3 February.

• The limit on the number of people gathering in a household will be reduced from 30 to 15, meaning the household members plus 15 visitors (excluding children under 12 months of age).
  • Masks will be mandatory in public indoor spaces. If you have visitors in your home, it is strongly recommended that masks are worn during the visit. Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces apart from when eating or drinking. If you are planning to leave your home – take a mask.
  • The 75 per cent ‘return to work’ cap in both public and private sectors scheduled for Monday 8 February will be paused and the current cap of 50% will remain in place.
1 Like