The Project

Probably the fact that she’s won a Gold Logie for doing nothing but read scripts and cry on air?

1 Like

I don’t think Waleed was was being anti vax at all, rather, he was just arguing that he didn’t think vaccines should be mandated and it was a slippery slope to go down. That isn’t inconsistent to the position of the majority of the medical profession who prefer an educative approach over coercion.

Anyway, really been enjoying the show the last little bit. The off script banter and chemistry between the hosts has made it very watchable.

2 Likes

I think people should note that there is a similar type of story on Waleed or The Project almost every second day on news.com.au. It’s their modus operandi for clicks. They do the same to Meghan Markle. They know that style of story stirs up outrage in the sheeple that read it.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t find her very personable at all. Gorgi Coghlan I do.

So on Today show Sylvia Jeffrey’s said she would refuse a vaccination while pregnant and I say good on her. She doesn’t know what it might do to her unborn child.

1 Like

It’s her up and down newsreader voice I can’t stand. Her normal talking voice is fine but every story she voiceovers is unbearable.

1 Like

I know what you mean about devils advocate, but this isnt that. Waleed has been consistently pushing his borderline anti-vax positions for months, i commented about it here. He pretty much sided with Craig Kelly over Tanya Plibersek, I’m glad some mainstream media are catching on.

No one has suggested vaccines should be mandatory, but there are less people currently willing to get the vaccine than are needed to achieve heard immunity. At some point there is going to need to be incentives, coercion or restrictions that result in getting unconvinced people over the line to get the jab.

1 Like

But it isn’t mandated. It is optional. If it is conditional for work and travel then you can choose not to travel or work for that organisation. Find a new job. There is choice available and sometimes choices prevent you from doing things. So be it.

Andy Lee is on the panel tonight ahead of the debut of The Cube.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqoEK-lxBx/

2 Likes

We now cross to Pricey who is in our Melbourne studio

5 Likes

Rae Johnston joins Peter van Onselen, Lisa Wilkinson and Claire Hooper. Good to see some new blood on the panel. They need to have more newbies for different opinions.

7 Likes

The show is getting worse and worse by the day; jokes falling flat, fake laughs, uninformed side comments, gaffes all over the place. And a general feeling that the hosts are phoning it in.

Needs a relaunch and some tough casting decisions. I think Carrie, walleed, tommy and Claire should be boned. Rachel, Susie, Georgi, Steve promoted. Andy Lee brought on and more new people trialed.

Sun& fri: Susie, Pvo, Lisa, Andy
Mon-th: Pete, georgi, Rachel + guest

1 Like

and bring back Meshel Laurie!

3 Likes

Meshel is tainted and off brand.

They do best when they do it seriously, get rid of the joke guy doing fart jokes and focus on storytelling and special features. Use Lisa to do special reports, be more newsy. The lighter stuff has always been the downside of the show.

I’d maybe look at making Lisa host with Waleed and move Carrie along to Sundays or special reports do she can focus on her radio career. You need the same hosts 5 nights a week.

2 Likes

Some really strange suggestions there. I find Rachel becoming more and more unbearable. Andy Lee struggled.

Susie is hit and miss in my opinion. Claire can be hit and miss but she’s only there because Pete is making his comedy series at the moments.

Carrie and Waleed are still huge drawcards.

4 Likes

For me Bickmore, Aly, Helliar and Price are the best panel. Most of the others are annoying.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need to stop watching. You have been complaining for a long time.

2 Likes

Thursday (04.03.2021): Lisa hosting via satellite from Sydney. Hugh Riminton, Claire Hooper and Jo Stanley on the desk in Melbourne tonight.

Missed opportunity not to use Gorgi tonight though, IMO.

4 Likes

Interesting that they’d send Hugh to Melbourne, but have Lisa in Sydney?

4 Likes

Gorgi is not on the show this week,it seems she is only on the show when Lisa is away.
I prefer Gorgi hosting than Lisa but maybe Gorgi is busy with her business commitments.

4 Likes

So, Lisa does special reports and hosts Thursday, Friday and Sunday?

1 Like