AFL

General discussion on the Australian Football League (AFL).

1 Like

Go Bombers :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to see the Eagles debut their new Guernsey this season! :smiley::tada: :sunglasses:

-Afl
I thought this was a discussion about the TV series Alf. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I can’t edit the name for some reason (it should be AFL)

2 Likes

[quote=“JBar, post:4, topic:803”]
-AflI thought this was a discussion about the TV series Alf. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
[/quote]Ha!!..I Kill Me!!!

1 Like

Tigers to FINALLY get past the first round of the prelims this year

1 Like

The PEAR to win the big one this year.

Looks like I’m going to be at 5 games this year live, but only 3 involving my beloved Doggies (the other 2 games coincide with running weekends, Gold Coast vs St.Kilda on Marathon weekend on the Coast, GWS vs West Coast after City2Surf).

Jeez it’s going to be a very unpredictable and close season this year. The Saints are about to beat the Pies!

1 Like

I rate the Saints this year. Not quite top 8 yet but sure have improved. They have a great coach. I too can’t pick a top 8 thinking it might be:

Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Coast
Sydney
Geelong
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne

but the others that will be close are Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, Fremantle, GWS (all I would be quite happy to put in)

Port Adelaide will play a premiership game in Shanghai, China next year. Opponent TBA

2 Likes

Fantastic news. It will be against a victorian team as it wont count towards one of their home games.

1 Like

After a shocking two weeks I was so angry at my team (Port Adelaide). Today I am relieved to be a Power supporter and not a Fremantle supporter. Their poor fan base are in for one tough year.

1 Like

Sam Lloyd has become the first player to kick a winning goal after the siren since 2013

1 Like

AFL management must be creaming themselves over the Swans v GWS this weekend. Fair play to the AFL, all that money they’ve spent in Sydney might start paying off in the next few years (too bad it’s not replicated in Queensland atm)

It might. How many Grand Finals have Sydney been in, or better yet how many finals series have they been involved in, yet there has been no significant increase. It was only 15 years ago AFL was quite popular in Brisbane, with 3 straight years of Grand Final wins. They need to invest some money back into QLD.

If I’m not mistaken, the Sydney Swans have so far appeared in the 1996, 2005, 2006, 2012 and 2013 AFL Grand Finals while GWS being a relatively new team are yet to make a Grand Finals appearance.

Although in any case, unfortunately much of mainstream Sydney doesn’t really care about the AFL unless the Swans (or maybe the Giants, if they ever make it into one) are in Grand Finals!

I’ve seen a bit more Sydney mainstream coverage than usual for AFL. Local media seems to like the whole local derby finals thing.

1 Like

Suckling is the biggest dud.