Seven AFL Coverage

Maybe these people didn’t show up since they knew of the flogging GWS would and are getting from Adelaide right now…

3 Likes

I heard from Bruce McAvaney saying that’s on Saturdays, he will spend time at Mooney Valley for the horse races. It looks as though Hamish McLachlan, Jason Bennett will call the Sydney v Essendon match along with Luke Hodge and Jude Bolton as boundary commentators.
Basil Zempilas and Luke Darcy will commentate the Port adelaide vs West Coast alongside with soderstrom and Matt Richardson.

1 Like

Tonight- McAvaney, Taylor, Matthews, Riewoldt, Soderstrom.
Friday night- McAvaney, Taylor, Carey, Ling, Richardson.
Saturday twilight- McLachlan, Bennett, Hodge, Bolton.
Saturday night- Zempilas, Darcy, Richardson, Soderstrom.

4 Likes

In regards to the commentary line-up (which I posted here yesterday afternoon), I wonder if the decision to have Cameron Ling on expert commentary & Matthew Richardson on the boundary is purely because Richo never usually doe Friday night expert commentary?

Not that I care, but some might see it as bias or unfair to Geelong :wink:

Hmmmm like you thinking any game without a Melboure team is boring bias?

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AFL

Afl match finished 44 minutes overtime due to the discussion and analysis from Hamish McLachlan, Richo, and Cameron Ling.

2 Likes

Tonight’s telecast finished at quarter to midnight.

2 Likes

Nine News European correspondent Tom Steinfort tweeted a photo of himself watching last night’s telecast at an empty London bar. The match was shown live on pay TV channel BT Sport and took Seven’s graphics and commentary.

5 Likes

Of course it did. That’s the only option available. Exactly the same as what is shown on FOXTEL and the AFL app.

5 Likes

Cameron Ling is also part of today’s SYD v ESS Elimination Final at the SCG.

2 Likes

Good to see Seven act (piss weak effort, for two champions IMO):

2 Likes

Why do they need to rush to the news? can’t they wait till the players leave the ground?

3 Likes

last night amazing win by west coast reply from 11.30 today on tvw

3 Likes

Are they encoring the entire game or just extra time?

Ch 7 Perth yeah?

1 Like

Full replay of the entire game after ‘Game Day’.

2 Likes

Disappointing ratings for SYD vs ESS on Ch 7 in Sydney.

Rating even less than GWS game :confused:

Though not surprising, given the blow-out & being afternoon.

This will make for interesting disussions, on whether Swans semi final next Friday & Giants semi final next Saturday are broadcast on main channel? Perhaps heavier promotion it needed? Though I’m sure if they’re nail biting games, it’s a totally different story.

Edit:
Melbourne ratings for MELB vs PARA were just as poor, worse when you consider it was a cracking game.

2 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports today that Bruce McAvaney and Brian Taylor are set to commentate the AFL Grand Final on September 30. This year marks 40 years since Seven began live telecast of VFL Grand Final.

6 Likes

This is a replay of the Match, not Live and Free.

5 Likes

It did have the SPORT | 7 watermark throughout the main part of the match replay before the lets say more exciting extra time part of the game started but now they’ve changed it. I do think it was a good idea to show this replay in WA between Game Day and the WAFL, hence creating another full day of footy between Weekend Sunrise and just before the 6PM news; they had nothing better to show in between after all!!

Also on topic; this is still not being allowed to show on Plus7 Live, they are showing Border International repeats as they typically do on there during AFL matches as it was showing in WA.

As a result of this replay being shown now on TVW; is it safe to assume that Luxury Escapes will be shown at 5:30 tonight in Perth now after the WAFL rather than the scheduled Border repeat. I know I’d certainly rather see the aforementioned show rather than a repeat of the latter…

2 Likes