Seven AFL Coverage

You’ll be surprised :wink:

Not if the game went to Extra Time, and 4:20 games normally finish closer to 7:10 than 7:00. Of course ET in finals are 2 periods of 5 minutes each way plus time on (I’ll get clarification on if 1 period is 5 minutes each-way or 5 minutes one way), and if there’s still a tied game the next score wins. If the siren sounds and a score ties the game, the ball is returned to the centre where the next score wins. Therefore it could be 20 minutes extra given the break between the end of regulation time and the start of extra time is 8 minutes, there is just a minute’s turnover between “halves” of extra time plus any time on.

1 Like

What 4.20 games other than Good Friday this year have happened? And that was finished by 7.00. Its not a timeslot the AFL use!
Extra time (which is 2 periods of 5 mins plus time on) is unlikely but would indeed cut into that 30 mins.
I’m still not really sure what your point is though, as all I said was that news COULD slot in between 7-7.30.

Every Sunday Twilight game is a 4:20 EST start and hasn’t finished before 7:00. It’s often played into Qld, SA or WA markets on FTA.

And I believe 1 period of ET is 5 minutes EACH WAY from what I’ve gathered.

1 Like

Sunday twilight starts at 4.40EST/4.10CST/2.40WST, each and every week. When its on FTA its scheduled as 4.30-7.30 EST and so on. Fox have it as 4.40-7.20.
Extra time is 2 periods of 5 mins and, as you said, with each team having one period (a half really, but after 4 quarters adding a half sounds silly, so period is easier) going to each end. We actually are implying the same thing about ET, I was merely clarifying for you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: AFL

This is not true. Sunday 3.20 games are finished by 6.00, 95% of the time

Obviously if the game goes into Extra Time the news will be shortened or dropped.

New promo aired tonight on Seven’s finals coverage, with Muse’s latest single Dig Down playing in the background.

2 Likes

Saw it yesterday after the Morning News.

It’s nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Brian Taylor and James Brayshaw’s commentary of tonight’s E.J. Whitten Legends Game is simulcast on Triple M. Each time I hear JB’s call on TV I feel I am listening to FM radio instead.

2 Likes

It look as though James Brayshaw and brian taylor were commentating down on the ground rather than upstairs in a commentary box. However, it was strange why these two blokes weren’t wearing ties when calling the game. Any reason why?

1 Like

Shot of the general presentation for tonight’s EJ Whitten Legend’s Match.

Includes network crawlers occasionally, advising radio simulcast on Triple M.

James Brayshaw debut on Seven and he’s pretty good :ok_hand:

BT alongside him & Lehmo returning as 'Official Boundary Rider (must not be contracted to Ten anymore, similar to Andy Maher).

Shocking crowd, hope to God the ratings make up for that :confused:

Loving it though, after official footy every week at least 3 times, nice to ‘chill’ a bit, before a huge finals campaign.

3 Likes

It’s an all-star game of AFL not a business meeting.

7 Likes

Not quite JB’s debut on 7. He spent a fair few years there before moving to nine in 2002

1 Like

EJ Whitten Legend’s Game and Chill?

2 Likes

Brayshaw did spend time at the 7 network from the 1990s until 2001. He anchored the 2001 Ashes series on Seven.

1 Like

Yes they are commentating right behind the interchange bench.

1 Like

Did JB call AFL matches for Seven in that timeframe? He did some ABC radio calls with Malcolm McDonald during that timeframe.

Is this simulcast on Fox Footy? Or exclusive to Seven?