Nine (WIN)

Alternatively, you could’ve scrolled up a few post in this thread and clicked on the Iink I provided to someone else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would’ve been nice if they left it as it was with the first set of additions. But alas, Dinosaur Bruce thought it wasn’t visible enough. :roll_eyes:

CBS upped its shareholder offer ahead of the second meeting, matching Bruce at the last minute.

Unlike TEN-10 then…

Yes I know. Just didn’t see that as CBS screwing him. More like he and Murdoch were trying to screw others and failed.

Absolutely - If I’d known where to look I would’ve gone straight there instead of searching elsewhere . Makes sense.

1 Like

I was probably a good thing that Nine bought NBN when it did, otherwise we would of had Geoff Hiscock presenting news for Newcastle in Wollongong

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: NBN News

The WIN Placeholder in Northern NSW:

Compare to the other one:

6 Likes

Here’s all four WIN watermarks as of today captured from Sydney (via the Knights Hill transmitter). Not that you can really call them watermarks…

Main channel:

One:

Eleven:

Gold:

TVSN doesn’t have the WIN logo over it.

7 Likes

Hadn’t we settled here on the term ‘■■■■■■■■■’? :grin:

The ■■■■■■■■■ makes C31 look world class!

1 Like

How long will the WIN ■■■■■■■■■ continue on??? Maybe it’s the staffs decision to do so?

Nothing to do with the staff… all to do with the rich owner who lives overseas and doesn’t have to look at the crap he inflicts on all viewers of his “network”.

It will continue on for as long as he wants it too, or until he dies.

He loves those big prominent logos, so there’s no reason why they’d go anywhere anytime soon.

5 Likes

For reference, this is the very reasonable watermark WIN’s staff originally came up with before Bruce intervened. Taken from a capture in mid-2016:

6 Likes

Take your pick. WIN’s eyesores have had many endearing terms describing it over the years - shitstain, giant blue blob, coloured blob(s), shitstain blocks etc etc. I reckon it’s secretly loved by some still (besides Bruce of course). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think this has been covered. It’s Dinosaur Bruce who calls all the shots and has the final say. I’m sure the staff would want the network to finally take the giant leap into the 21st century and not continually live in the 20th.

5 Likes

Some interesting stats from an ad on Mediaweek

3 Likes

Given that it says “TEN Affiliate Network” at the bottom I’m assuming they’re comparing the number of viewers on SC10 at 6pm-6:30pm last year v. number of viewers on WIN at 6pm-6:30pm this year.

In which case, there’s no surprise there’s been growth, given that WIN News is shown at 6pm now instead of Family Feud.

I actually thought it was interesting to see how few people across RQLD, SNSW, and RVIC are watching WIN News at 6pm - given that these places have a combined population of approx. 5 million (quick guess), the figures show only 4% of potential viewers are watching WIN News… that’s pretty sad given that 6pm is typically one of the busier TV viewing times.

1 Like

Why the fuck does the old fart owner of win want to own 15% of prime? He also owns 15% of Nine. I can’t understand how this bloke operates. He really does need to fuck right off.

7 Likes

perhaps to get his foot in the door with 7. After all, he has stepped on the toes of each affiliate partner he has had

1 Like

Yes exactly, it’s just the 30 mn window 18:00 - 18:30 weekdays, and such a dodgy comparison between SC Ten for the last 6 mo of their Ten affiliation with WIN Ten’s 1st 6 mo this year.

Plus in addition to (as correctly pointed out) WIN’s local news being added to the Ten affiliate, WIN may still have been benefiting slightly from confusion right after the affiliation swap (with WIN violating the LCN standard by keeping the Nine affiliate channel numbers; I was surprised at how long that seemed to trail on for normal people).

Obviously if the comparison were instead 2016-07-01 - 2016-12-31 vs 2017-01-01 - 2017-06-30, we’d see WIN’s rating drop, especially since 9News rolled out their regional bulletins.

Somehow I doubt WIN will publicise a similar comparison for the 2nd half of last year vs 2nd half of this year (or anything showing the 2nd half of this year), as it’ll be even worse.

3 Likes

Bruce Gordon’s Birketu was in the NSW Supreme Court yesterday morning taking on Westpac. Another hearing is scheduled for Thursday 5th October. I can’t find any information on what this relates to.