Nine (WIN)

• ET will not rate at 5pm
  • People won’t watch pre-recorded Ten News at six
  • Dumping The Project entirely from WIN is not really smart
1 Like

Agreed. In this day and age, people aren’t going to want to watch a pre-recorded bulletin especially if there are live options on other channels!

As myself and many others have suggested before, air WIN News at 6pm. While things may change in the future, IMO that’s the most ideal solution for as long as Family Feud is still being simulcast on One and Eleven (and since that’s been happening for nearly two years now, I can’t see it ending anytime soon). If Family Feud really needs to air on the main channel, just run the previous episode at 4pm or 4.30pm or whatever.

Of course during the last ad break of Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five, you’d run a short “Coming up next on WIN is your local news, but if you want to see Family Feud it’s on One and Eleven” promo to remind viewers of their options. Simple, effective, everyone is kept happy.

3 Likes

Can I suggest those of us wanting to speculate about WIN’s post affiliation switch schedule take the discussion to the Mock Schedules thread? Thanks.

12 Likes

It’s nothing special IIRC, probably no better or worse than the 4.00 cooking shows that Ten is running. Perhaps there might be an opportunity to have it aired on Ten in the same way that it used to appear on Nine in the metros.

However is it still actually in production or just doing the rounds in re-runs?

1 Like

It’s still in production. Series 7 started airing not that long ago. Repeats of series 6 are currently airing on GEM and NBN according to the A&C website.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mock Schedules

See about three posts above your post.

Not sure where else to post this but I found this copycat of WIN’s pre-2006 logo for a Indian and Canadian Television station (They even call themselves WIN Television on their Facebook!). There’s also a variation of the logo that steals the likeness of the original version.

And the variation:

8 Likes

It’s certainly worth separating.

Personally I think there’s enough focussed discussion that “mock schedule” isn’t suitable at all. Too generic, no focus.

“How can WIN maintain its prime time ratings with TEN programs” might match better.

Or “merging WIN and TEN schedules”.

Ah well. Maybe I’m wrong.

Wow that’s a bit much. Surely you’d assume that they know that the dots really have nothing to do with WIN

1 Like

OT… But they also have a show called Sunrise and Eyewitness News

2 Likes

Technically cause they are also WIN Television and this is the WIN Television thread… It’s not OT :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if Bruce has gone after them though.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where else to post it, but I thought I’d like to share with you guys. Resume regular discussion… :stuck_out_tongue:

WIN hasn’t had that logo for over a decade so I don’t think he’d care, especially now he’s aligning with Ten. As for using the name there’s probably nothing stopping anyone using the name in Canada if Bruce hasn’t registered the name there.

Not quite seeing the Indian connection? It looks to be a Carribean broadcaster operating in Canada

1 Like

West Indian perhaps?

2 Likes

From their Facebook:

WIN Caribbean HD is the only network comprising both a National TV Station (WIN Television) and a National Radio Station (WIN RADIO 101.1 FM - formerly Masala 101) dedicated to the niche East Indian market which constitutes the largest segment.

And their website:

WIN HD Caribbean, The Premier Showcase of Caribbean Television and Radio in Canada.

I guess they have two separate stations? :confused:

1 Like

Copying every brand that we know (or knew) in Australia!
WIN - Win Network
Sunrise - Channel 7
Eyewitness News - Channel 10
Evening News - Channel 10 (2011, and 90s)

Surprised they haven’t got any Channel 9 shows :stuck_out_tongue:
National WinHD News anyone?

4 Likes

I think that might refer to a demographic, say within Canada, rather than geographic location :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indicates that WIN WA will be changing over to a Ten affiliation. Still no news or confirmation on Tasmania but if WA is an example it would appear that potentially TVT (WIN Tasmania) will also go to Ten. But, again, still waiting on WIN to say something…

4 Likes

I just wonder…

If the reason why WIN in Australia no longer uses dotty is IF they sold that logo to WIN Caribbean?