Nine (WIN)

I just wonder…

If the reason why WIN in Australia no longer uses dotty is IF they sold that logo to WIN Caribbean?

No the reason WIN stopped using the dotty logo was to stick it up Nine.

5 Likes

Rubbish. WIN stopped using the dots because Nine re-launched in 2006 and adopted the dotless, 2D Nine in a blue square logo. All of Nine’s affiliates removed the dots at that time. WIN just chose not to reinstate the dots to their logo when Nine did in 2008.

5 Likes

Yes and the main reason they chose not to reinstate them was to stick it up Nine.

Perhaps they didn’t want to go to the expense of yet another rebrand across their vast network two years after the last with all the associated costs of replacing signage on buildings, vehicles, stationery etc.

3 Likes

I’ld say they invested a lot of money into the dotless logo and likely didn’t see it as a viable option to reinstate the dots only a year later. Remember, WIN’s presentation contained the 2006 logo for a good 5-6 years. I don’t believe it has anything to do with ‘sticking it to Nine’.

7 Likes

Based on the previous reports about how both parties were negotiating (Ten wanted to be the main affiliate in all the regions and WIN wanted lower affiliation fees) I’m thinking that this pretty much confirms TVT to become a Ten station in a month. The other piece that came during the reports of negotiations was that WIN were seeking to keep revenue through their programming and news, hopefully that is the case to give WIN News a bit more of a chance, especially in Tasmania where we could lose a bulletin if WIN brings out the axe but there’s nothing on Nine (TDT) to replace it.

This has probably been covered above but how many studios do WIN have to cover all of the news bulletins they produce?

I’m pretty sure that WIN News is currently produced from only three studios…

*Sunshine Coast (all QLD bulletins, also WIN’s All Australian News if I’m not mistaken)
*Wollongong (all Southern NSW/ACT/Victorian bulletins)
*Hobart (Tasmania’s bulletin)

3 Likes

I contacted WIN Mildura & their will be 10 programming on 8 & 80 as for channel 5 there will be 9 network programming broadcast but I’m not sure when, The impression that I got was that there had been no negotiations regarding the supplementary licence so I wonder what will happen If a deal can’t be reached before July 1.

1 Like

A deal will be made, even if it’s only with hours to go like last December.

I just seen a promo on WIN Tasmania about the impending change. Words to the effect of “all your favourite shows will have a new home on the WIN network, starting July 1”

7 Likes

They should have said “all of the shows you most likely don’t watch, coming to the WIN Network”.

Anyone got any caps?

6 Likes

Uploaded by South Coast TV:

5 Likes

Maybe no logo change?

4 Likes

hard to way unless they hadnt done a new one yet?

3 Likes

It’s probably still a bit too early to say. Aside from the logo, the graphics in that promo don’t have a really distinctive Nine or Ten look either way do they?

6 Likes

That promo definitely comes across (to the average viewer) as if they’re adding sports along to what they already have.
As I had expected there’s no mention of them losing the NRL.

4 Likes

Smart way of doing it, no mention of Nine or Ten and making it all look like additional material and bonus stuff in the hope that people won’t realise they lose the NRL, the Footy Shows, the International cricket etc… A positive ad is what they need through this.

2 Likes

WIN’s promo for Ten’s programs

10 Likes