TV Week

The cover of this week’s TV Week has something different. It features Jessica Marais in her Love Child character and the cast of SBS reality show Filthy Rich and Homeless.

Huh? How is that different? Just about every cover is about the characters in a show. Last week’s cover for Offspring had the byline “The reunion that could tear the Proudman’s apart”.

Are you just shocked because they had two covers in a row that didn’t feature Home & Away characters? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That would shock me :wink:

1 Like

Nice to see Poldark featured on the cover of TV Week this week. The BBC drama is very popular around the world.

It’s good that they’re sharing it around some different TV shows but I actually thought it was an odd choice considering its ratings aren’t huge. If Poldark can feature on the cover then why not Marta Dusseldorp from Janet King and A Place to Call Home?

Poldark was also on the cover of New Zealand’s TV Guide last week

With the exact same photo it seems. So that’s where they got the idea.

This week’s TV Week cover features Australian Ninja Warrior. Following last week’s massive debut, this is a smart move to quickly rush a cover story.

Has the long run of mindless Home and Away covers finally been broken?

we can only hope. In the days when H&A was pulling 1.5m an episode you probably couldn’t blame TV Week for wanting to get a piece of that audience, but H&A isn’t rating anywhere near that anymore.

Exactly. It didn’t make sense why they were still putting it on the cover 3 out 4 weeks in the last couple of years when so many other shows had up to double the ratings.

Karl Stefanovic gets a TV Week cover this week with an interview to promote his new show.

How many weeks now since Home And Away dominated a TV Week cover??

2 Likes

This is probably the longest stretch without a Home and Away cover in ten years. They must having more success with covers featuring other shows which I always thought made more sense anyway.

we could have told them this years ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think they had too many Home and Away obsessives working at the mag which dictated the content and cover choices. They must have lost interest as much as the general public has.

Home & Away is still prominently on the cover!!

Yes, but it’s not the dominant cover photo and that’s the point.

1 Like

Melissa Doyle is on the front cover of TV Week this week. How long was it since she was last on the cover?

I’d guess she has probably never been on the cover. At least, not for the main photo. It’s good that they’re choosing subjects from so many different shows now.

1 Like

TV Week has done another Studio 10 cover. This time Jessica Rowe features.

1 Like