Are Media

Like this one which I “liked” earlier.

And this one.

1 Like

Kim Doherty today quit as editor-in-chief of The Australian Women’s Weekly after just over a year in the role.

More heat for Bauer Media.

Joh Griggs has again taken aim at Women’s Day magazine after an article “Joh’s Miracle: I Saved My Husband’s Life.”

Bauer has appointed Nicole Byers as new editor-in-chief of Australian Women’s Weekly. She has been editor-in-chief of OK! for the past seven years and also edited Woman’s Day, New Weekly and TV Week.

EDIT 7/7: Lucy Walker, who has been OK! magazine deputy editor for the past four years, has been promoted to editor effective immediately.
Meanwhile, Fiona Legdin, Bauer Media’s general manager for fashion healthy & beauty, has left the company after just nine months in the role. Cat Bowe, BauerWorks’ first brand partnership director, has also departed the company after five months.

Tough times in magazines.

Bauer has axed the entire Australian editorial team for Good Health magazine, including editor Catherine Marshall. The magazine will now be produced from Bauer’s New Zealand based team, however advertising sales, marketing, subscriptions, circulation, retail, production and finance operations will continue to be run from Australia.

The Home And Away hiatus is over:

1 Like

We had a dream run. I knew it was too good to last. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good to see TV Week chose The Doctor Blake Mysteries for their cover this week.

3 Likes

Rebel Wilson is set to receive $4.5 million from Bauer Media over defamation damages

2 Likes

Ouch!
Who thinks this will stop them publishing bullshit articles?
No. Me neither.

1 Like

That could pay for a lot of Photoshopping!

3 Likes

Peter Ford onto it:

He always gets the details right. :joy:

2 Likes

Will more celebrities be emboldened now to sue magazines for all these stories which are outright lies?

Bauer Media executive Andreas Schoo is leaving the company at the end of this month, following a change to the company’s executive structure. Schoo was responsible for the areas of print, digital as well as temporarily radio in several countries. He was also interim chief executive in Australia after the departure of David Goodchild until the appointment of Nick Chan as CEO. Publisher Yvonne Bauer will take over Schoo’s responsibility.

Rebel won the payout not just because of the lies but because the judge thought that as a direct result she had lost significant income.

I loved Who when it first appeared in the 1990s, including the trial issues they put out in advance of the official launch. It’s gone downhill, especially since Time sold it to Seven. I wouldn’t go anywhere near it, I wouldn’t even bother having a browse through it at the supermarket.

1 Like

They used to do good interviews but it’s just gone down the gossip mag route along with all the other existing and new titles.

1 Like