TV Commercials

Another expensive and excruciatingly bad Uber Eats commercial.

1 Like

It’s a pity we don’t have any sketch comedy shows on TV these days, because that ad campaign would be ripe for parody:

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That would be pretty insulting to homeless people or to anyone who is doing it tough.

Although largely intended to be a social commentary on rising inequality (if such an idea were to become reality, the homeless person bit would likely be played directly before the rich person bit), I can understand how a send-up like that could be seen by some as being insulting.

I don’t think it’s funny at all.

3 Likes

If Serena hadn’t ordered that fast food, she could have lasted longer in the Australian Open.

2 Likes

When I was struggling and homeless for the first time about twelve years ago I was buying the home brand cream wafers which at the time were about 25c each a packet. Buying dog food would never have entered my mind. I seriously doubt that many if any people buy it as you can buy canned food meant for human consumption for about the same price or cheaper.

3 Likes

No surprise that A Current Affair is possibly behind the myth of dog food eating pensioners.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pet-food-diet-a-shaggy-dog-story-20080909-gdsu88.html

3 Likes

I remember the dog food eating pensioner story getting at least a yearly run on either ACA or TT through the 90s. They’d always use a single retired man with a dog, not sure if they kept going back to the same guy but it certainly seemed like it

6 Likes

(C. 2001)

1 Like

New TCL ad featuring a “Millionaire Hot Seat” imposter show.

3 Likes

Dramatisation doesn’t seem to be the right word to describe a dishwasher in action :thinking:

Perhaps it fits with this definition from the dictionary: “the act of telling people about things that happened in a way that makes them seem more exciting, important, or dangerous than they really were”

2 Likes
3 Likes

About bloody time. Ad breaks during their tentpole reality shows can be as long as 5 minutes. An absolute joke!

1 Like

During House Rules, ad breaks can be as long as 3.5 minutes (5 minutes with the so-called Bonus Extra).
10 should follow suit.

wasn’t sure which thread

Does Deborah Mailman now do V/Os? Could’ve sworn that’s her doing the Medibank ads?

Another “wasn’t sure which thread”.

Whilst in Cobar, I’ve noticed the local advertising on all 7 Central, Imparja and 10 Central “South” channels is heavily dominated by NT and QLD business… I suspect one or both of the following

• There isn’t any capacity to schedule different ads for “South” vs “North”
  • There aren’t enough business willing to advertise (most likely?).

I think the only rural business that I did see an ad for that wasn’t in QLD or NT was in Port Lincoln, even though that is in the GTS (Southern Cross 7/9/10 solus market licence area).

3 Likes

Observation about local TV ads whilst in Broken Hill.

There’s an even mix of Broken Hill and Port Lincoln ads, but hardly any Spencer Gulf North (Whyalla, Port Augusta, Port Pirie).

Am guessing SCA runs the same ad feed for Broken Hill and Port Lincoln, but a separate one for Spencer Gulf North.

1 Like

As being explained back in June 2018 below.

3 Likes

Thanks for that!

I’m seeing a lot more Spencer Gulf ads now on 9Gem during the NRL.