TV Commercials

Yes, we do! :slight_smile:

TV advertisers certainly don’t make their ads look like the latest technology is in use.

This one for a comparison website has very 2000s looking TV equipment with a thick panel TV and analogue cables! Watching this these days would be enough to make you collapse on the floor.

4 Likes

I know this ad isn’t a new one, but I just think it’s really dumb…

A guy goes through the McDonald’s drive thru 4-5 times to get a coffee and doesn’t stop because he doesn’t want to wake up his child.

Doesn’t he realise he still need to stop to either get out of the car park, next set of lights etc…?

I know it’s only an ad, but I think it’s just dumb …

5 Likes

i think ur overreacting but thats me

1 Like

Plus. How does he pay for the coffee if he doesn’t stop?

1 Like

He tapped and go, but I don’t think it works that quickly in reality.

You usually have to hold it for a second or two.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

The Chaser would have been all over an ad like that.

3 Likes

Would this suffice? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157420364002823&id=596062822&d=null&vh=i

3 Likes

The new ‘Tradie Body Spray’ commercials that have been airing during this afternoon’s AFL broadcast on Seven are the most disturbing commercials that I’ve ever seen on TV.

These three have been airing -

1 Like

Well, sportsmen do a lot worse to each other. That’s for sure. Just look at the recent footage of the AFL team in the change room where they fondle and poke each other’s bits.

Yes - I know. Sportsmen or not and even with the recent events. This commercial is disturbing. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

These have been airing for quite a while now. Have been seeing them for at least the last 4 weeks.

That McDonald’s ad isn’t even original. Copied from the US, which was also a dumb ad

2 Likes

Dumb breeds dumb.

I’m not sure ‘copied’ is the right word given it’s the same worldwide company.

2 Likes

Borrowed? Licensed?

Adapted/Licensed. Given it’s the same company, they probably own the concept via the ad agency they work with.

1 Like

If this reddit thread is accurate, tough times at the moment for multichannel advertising, at least for Seven Perth.

6 Likes

I’d be shocked if anyone’s reaching targets in this pandemic climate. Sales execs would probably take anything they could get their hands on.

1 Like