Triple M Network

We are in the process of moving equipment over and installing in the new office. As there are so many spaces it takes time. Some announcers are working from home, others are working out of other offices.

6 Likes

She has some family there and used to live there. Iā€™d say the choice of location was somewhat hers.

3 Likes

Are the office staff all WFH?

3 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

Is there an ETA for Nova moving?

3 Likes

Have to say Iā€™ve really enjoyed listening to The Rock in NZ over the past few weeks since someone mentioned it here.

A really good mix of music and sounds fresh, much better than Triple M. I think they could do a lot worse than to adopt a similar format.

4 Likes

Agree. There are so many examples of proper rock stations from NZ and North America that Triple M could emulate, but they just donā€™t get it.

7 Likes

105.1 New studios.

Definitely looks like theyā€™re going the route of using digital imagery so they can use the same studios for Fox and MMM and just swap out GFX and mic socks.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think the main brands will share studios except in an emergency, but it does make them easier to share with digital only stations and podcasts. All the networks are doing it.

They (unsurprisingly) look to be a very similar setup to the new Brisbane studios.

3 Likes

Actually quite different to the Brisbane studios

2 Likes

At least it isnā€™t that brick backdrop that they usually like to use - I reckon the bricks are a little over the top

6 Likes

Totally agree with that. When compared with US options I wouldnā€™t classify TripleM as a fully fledged rock station. I feel it has some comparison perhaps to Jack Fm LA with some conservative rock and 80ā€™s thrown together but obviously lots more talk.

3 Likes

Michelle Anderson from 92.9 rush hour will move to breakfast with Xavier and Basil no word on her rush hour replacement hopefully Brit Taylor who filled in several times this year.

5 Likes

Yes itā€™s not a rock station in my opinion.

Youā€™re right, itā€™s a conservative rock-leaning Jack FM with a ton of talk and sport and a bogan vibe. Horrid.

4 Likes

And yet NZ have 2 actual rock networks (albeit Hauraki skews alternative) with a fraction of the population.

Then we have Power 100 & Rebel FM in QLD both musically smash the Mā€™s arse.

6 Likes

Yes itā€™s absolutely insane. Look at any mid-sized city in North America and you have at least 1 and often 2 proper rock stations (one active rock, one classic).

4 Likes

I listened to Power 100 last week for the first time in ages, forgot how good it is

5 Likes

I quite like B-Rock as well.

2 Likes

There is also Triple M Classic Rock Digital, 80s, 90s, Hard n heavy and Country, with not much talk. INDIE is also a good alt-rock station on DAB in Sydney, as part of SCAā€™s Listnr offering.

Radio is no longer just FM and AM, it also includes DAB. You can also throw in thousands of streaming stations on the different apps available.

1 Like

The digital stations are better for the lack of talk, but their music selections could be better - Hard and Heavy, aside from being a 32kbps station in Melbourne (which really hurts for the types of music played), often skews way too old into stuff that is covered by Classic Rock anyway.

There is some good stuff there, Blow - Eva Under Fire ft. Spencer Charnas, played while I was listening while making this post, earning back some points they lost from playing AC/DC Hellā€™s Bells earlier. They then went on to a Megadeath song, which Iā€™m not a fan of, but I suppose fits the ā€œHardā€ definition a bit better than some of the other oldies they play, like playing a live recording of Spoonman by Soundgarden, why is that on here?

But Iā€™d say itā€™s very hit and miss - at least for my taste - but when Triple M have Classic Rock, 80s and the main station skewing to older tracks, surely they can keep Hard and Heavy mostly free of it, or at least something a lot less than the seeming 50/50 split.

2 Likes