Triple M Network

I think they should try and take on Gold / WS, go with good times and greatest hits, move sport to DAB. Be 24/7 music which clearly works with GOLD & Smooth. But the difference with MMM is to offer 70s thru to current new music. I notice in WA MMM drive is hosted by an announcer, do something similar for the eastern seaboard or even better local

6 Likes

Agree!!

3 Likes

Agreed - FM Radio should be for music - leave sport for the SEN’s and the AM’s!

9 Likes

a minimum cap city breakfast and drive need to be local. and not just traffic (but thats a good start - theres nothing more jarring than hearing places or roads pronounced wrong in a traffic report. Brisbanites will know Rode Road and Yatala can be 2 that trip up people)

3 Likes

I’d like to hear Triple M Perth go complete modern/indie rock. Try something different and prove the rest of the M’s wrong.

3 Likes

And as much as I actually enjoy Troy Ellis and Marty Shergold show I don’t want to here re runs at 15:00 around the country and Saturday mornings

7 Likes

I don’t see the point at running the 3pm edition in Melbourne.

5 Likes

I dont believe the 3pm edition does run in Melbourne, I was listening to Triple M Brisbane today then switched over to Triple M Melbourne after 3pm and it was Sheridan Stewart? on

2 Likes

Assume it’s off as the main show is on survey break

1 Like

It’s normally on at 3pm on 3MMM too. It’s even edited slightly different to the national edition. Troy Ellis records Melbourne specific voice tracks for it.

More of a “in case you missed the breakfast show this morning” catch up show.

3 Likes

Sheriden??? Don’t think so, afternoons in Melb is Sarah Maree Cameron. Ratings break so no best of atm

3 Likes
6 Likes

Should just go silent.

2 Likes

Hence the question mark I wasn’t sure who it was. I haven’t listened to Triple M much lately. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Don’t they normally have no talk day on the 1st of July?

1 Like

First time I’ve spent a decent amount of time listening to “good times, greatest hits” during the day in Adelaide and I like it. Even in their target market as a 40-something male, its good to hear some variety in the playlist rather than the same Foo Fighters / RHCP / Queen songs they hammered to death. Here in Adelaide where we don’t have a Gold equivalent on the FM dial it might do some damage to the Mix (which is truly a godawful station) ratings.

7 Likes

Anyone know why 3MMM have been recording out of the MCG yesterday?

2 Likes

It would seem that the new studios aren’t ready yet. Presumably because some of the new gear is being relocated from Clarendon St. The Fox announcers said they’d be in the new studios in July 11th.

Sarah Maree Cameron is currently broadcasting from Albury.

6 Likes

And Dave Williams is in Sydney for the week

3 Likes

Christ. Poor Sarah Maree

3 Likes