Townsville Floods 2019

Please discuss Townsville Flood coverage here.

Townsville dam gates now opened to their full settings. I believe all networks should be increasing their coverage tomorrow.

1 Like

Expect lots of coverage tomorrow

Sunrise

Today

1 Like

yet not even an increased presence by Studio10, when they had extended coverage of Cyclone Debbie hosted by Matt White & Sarah Harris.

That we know of…

Joe O’Brien is also in Townsville for the ABC. So expect more live crosses and updates into ABC News 24 tomorrow.

A message to any TV news reporters who might be reading: It’s not worth risking injury or your life for that great report PTC or live cross on breakfast TV or the 6pm news by standing in floodwaters. We don’t want a repeat of the Cyclone Debbie coverage a couple of years ago where there were several instances of reporters stupidly risking their safety by being out in the elements for that spectacular piece of vision!

8 Likes

During Cyclone Debbie in March 2017

Nine and Seven have had pretty good coverage on their Queensland bulletins of the floods. Nine News Queensland had over 20 minutes of coverage throughout, unsure about Seven.

1 Like

My favourite was when Brittany Kleyn was standing next to live wires wearing sandals. I think I have a cap somewhere

1 Like

Joe is reporting for News Breakfast this morning.

3 Likes

Is that Amanda Bachmann in Cardwell?

The Adelaide correspondent?

Yes

1 Like

Sunday-

1 Like

Nine producing a live and local morning news today to cover the flood emergency.

2 Likes

This morning

2 Likes

Queensland 11:30

3 Likes