Top Gear

Series 25 of Top Gear debuted to just 2.4 million viewers on BBC2 on Sunday. The night was dominated by Call the Midwife (7.4 million), comedy Hold the Sunset (5.2 million), Dancing on Ice (5 million) and Endeavour (4.2 million).

1 Like

Top Gear Encore

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
Thursday 8 March at 10:00 pm

Sydney, Brisbane
Friday 9 March Following NRL

1 Like

Yep, it sure ain’t really the same anymore.

Series 25 will be repeated on BBC Knowledge at 8.30pm Mondays from June 4.

1 Like

They should go after Rowan Atkinson for the next season. He would be a fantastic choice as host.

1 Like

Andrew Flintoff and comedian Paddy McGuinness will replace Matt LeBlanc on the show.

3 Likes

Top Gear will move to a new virtual channel BBC BRIT on Fetch on November 1.

1 Like

Still no sign of the new episodes of Top Gear on either BBC Brit or Nine (I think Australia is now one season behind the rest of the world).

1 Like

That’s a shame, the racing driver and his northern mates are pretty good… much better than that bloke from Friends (it doesn’t feel as forced anymore).
Come over to NZ, you can watch here FTA.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been watching on TVNZ On Demand, great that they’re fast tracking new episodes.

And definitely agree that Paddy, Freddie and Chris are a much better trio.

3 Likes

Good news Australia will be getting new episodes of Top Gear. I wonder which series will 9Rush air?

1 Like

It’ll be the new series

1 Like

Nine has confirmed 9Rush will show series 27 of Top Gear when the channel launches on April 5.

UPDATE 30/3: new promo

1 Like

Great interview with the show’s co-hosts Andrew Flintoff, Chris Harris and Paddy McGuinness.

2 Likes

When I see the name Paddy McGuinness I think of the late journalist who worked for Fairfax and The Australian.

2 Likes

Series 28 premieres next Sunday (May 10) at 7pm. It aired on the BBC on January 26 this year.
Looks like Nine is skipping the Nepal special which was shown in UK on December 29 last year.

Which channel is the premiere of the new season on? 9Go? Or perhaps 9Rush?

1 Like

9Rush.

3 Likes

BBC says that Top Gear will resume filming

Top Gear hurtles back to filming with race around deserted theme park

Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff and Chris Harris emerged from lockdown today to resume filming on Top Gear’s next series with a pulsating electric car race around Staffordshire’s empty Alton Towers Resort.

5 Likes