Tokyo Olympics Coverage

Totally agreed.

That’s why I said “Live” :laughing:

Yep may have started out live (or close to) , but no longer.

It’s a pity that Seven haven’t given RFDS a big promotional push in their Closing Ceremony coverage like they did with Packed to the Rafters back in 2008.

2 Likes

I agree. They should have been bombarding us with ads for it during the coverage. A perfect opportunity to launch an Aussie drama off.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure during both opening and closing, multiple tv networks in multiple countries would of have ads.

7 are showing everything, that’s why it is delayed. During the opening ceremony, some countries missed out on things. If that happened, then people would also complain, maybe even more.

1 Like

The Paris segment is better than most of the rest of the ceremony!

12 Likes

The cinematography in this Paris preview is breathtaking

6 Likes

I’m almost waiting for the entirely racist ‘I’m turning Japanese’.

It’s a terribly dull closing ceremony

1 Like

where is the spoiler tag? :stuck_out_tongue: Just kidding. lol.

Its on Seven now. Looks amazing.

This is wonderful. Well done Paris, what a showcase

4 Likes

Paris 2024. Bring it on

2 Likes

I agree. Unless it’s due to budget/COVID, I don’t know why they couldn’t do more of a showcase

It’s almost as though they planned the whole thing with Nintendo characters and content snd they pulled the pin and had nothing left? It’s bizarre.

1 Like

Spot the moth in the Olympic ring as the President of Tokyo 2020 speaks…

5 Likes

Not much social distancing going on in the centre of Paris today…

9 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Sydney 2000 Coverage

I was half waiting for it too especially when the entertainment started off with 1960’s pop hit Sukiyaki

The Paris showcase kind of drives home just how oddly placed Brisbane is in the list of Olympic host cities in terms of profile.

Beijing
London
Rio
Tokyo
Paris
Los Angeles
…Brisbane?!

7 Likes

I suppose Brisbane should have a crowd? That’s a positive!

3 Likes