Today

Yeah spot on, they should swap her and Sylvia, Belinda does TE & Sydney weather while SJ does WT.

2 Likes

I think they would be crazy to mess with Today Extra now, things have settled with Today and Today Extra and they are performing quite well in 2023.

Weekend Today is not so great but it never really has been. Even though yesterday WT won the East Coast.

I think Amelia Adams should have been considered when she returned from the US. With Chris Kohler or Clint Stanaway, I think she would lift the show. Belinda could do weather on WT and Nine News Sydney.

3 Likes

God, Amelia Adams is much better than that crap they churn out at the weekend atm.

They haven’t had a regular team since Deb & Cam in 2014/15.

The last 7 years has been a joke. Rotating roster of presenters. It’s not the Weekend Today that it used to be, it had a good following. They need a proper revamp and presenters with character and can be respected by the audience. The lineups they currently/have had has not cut that at the slightest.

Weekend Sunrise has been much more watchable since A’ok departed in recent years. Not having to hear him whinge and whine.

4 Likes

Another thing noticed by MS members and picked up by media.

7 Likes

Today had its second win on Sunrise yesterday - including the early segment.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Is it just me or have they been trying a little hard when it comes to humour lately? Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the light-hearted content but far out this is a news program.

2 Likes

I thought Lara’s cross was really great - actually made me chuckle. The show then pivoted to a serious chat about super. Love it.

11 Likes

Saturday 4 March - Sunday 5 March
Clint Stanaway and Jayne Azzopardi hosting with Lizzie Pearl presenting news, Richard Wilkins presenting entertainment and Matty J presenting weather from the Avalon Air Show.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I thought Matty and his family were on an all expense paid trip to the Whitsundays? Must be scheduled posts.

Belinda still on her regular Saturday weather spot.

2 Likes

Sarah Abo is special guest on this week’s episode of Something to Talk About podcast, with Stellar editor-in-chief Sarrah Le Marquand.

P.S. note the “b” on Sarah’s last name was replaced with an asterisk by Apple.

2 Likes

Is that because her name Abo is a derogatory slur if pronounced a different way and it gets censored?

1 Like

Probably.

1 Like

Does anyone know why Nine aren’t uploading full Today programs to 9Now? I’m not always in a position to be able to watch and there’s been some segments I’ve heard were on or seen short clips of, but I can’t seem to access them. There’s only a handful of highlight/segment videos that get put on. Seven upload every Sunrise to 7Plus. I wonder if it was something they forgot to revert, following all those Olympics / Comm Games we recently had, where there are heavy restrictions outside of the rights holder, where I know Nine just weren’t uploading any news bulletin anywhere at all and no social media clips involving that content.

1 Like

IIRC Today full episodes haven’t been on 9Now

1 Like

They were about five years ago

1 Like

I dont think so.

1 Like

They absolutely did have full shows on 9Now, I’ve watched a few before and used extracts from them during assessments when I was in high school, as the TODAY Youtube channel was quite inactive at the time.

2 Likes