Today

Breaking News
Belinda Russell announced via Instagram she left WT.
She said in a statement;
"Am looking forward to future opportunities at Nine
Good Luck to the team for 2023 and beyond!”

10 Likes

Interesting. My Insta is blocked it seems. Wonder what I did lmao.

Luckily I have a back up account for such moments.

Definitely feels like she was let go rather than chose to leave.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Don’t mock the ‘Tik Tok queen’

1 Like

This is potentially the exact reason. Was not a fan of those clips lol

1 Like

Amazed I haven’t copped the same treatment!

Not surprised at all. She was doing Nine News weather and Weekend Today on same days 7-10 and then coming back for 6pm news.

I quite like Jayne & Clint, with Lizzie on news. Maybe they should leave this team and build it up!

3 Likes

Another hosting change… what a mess. Quite heartless to push her out quietly too. Belinda seems lovely.

Clearly not her choice.

3 Likes

Weekend Today just loves doing this to themselves don’t they. They just can’t help themselves every time they tinker or nuke the lineup.

And probably the most underrated personality at Nine.

3 Likes

On her Insta bio. It says TV presenter @channel9
Could this mean she also left her weather duties on 9 News Syd for Fri/Sat

Please don’t let it be Jayne!

2 Likes

Is her husband still with 9?

Or it’s just a bio that needs to be updated?

Agreed. I certainly dont see Belinda as the problem with WT, the shows never quite found its footing after Deb moved from there. I wonder if Deb would go back to WT

2 Likes

It’s only Saturdays when that happens. She’d only work on one or the other on Fridays and Sundays.

Hardly the biggest deal. I’d agree she was probably pushed. Surprised they didn’t at least move her to the weather where she’d be great as well.

Shes on Today Extra today

1 Like

Meanwhile Weekend Today beat Weekend Sunrise yesterday.

6 Likes

Huge change from Saturday’s ratings… weird

1 Like

Purely speculating right now but tomorrow KIIS Melbourne are making an announcement about their breakfast team. Rumours swirling that Clint could be leaving the show. If this is the case, I would put bets on him becoming the permanent Weekend Today co-host.
Could potentially mean changes to the Melbourne weekend news too, unless he continues to fly-up but needs that reprieve from early weekday breakfast.

EDIT: He’s not leaving, one of their other team members is :slight_smile:
Although damn he has a huge workload.

8 Likes