Today

So either Today Extra is in summer mode already or Dickie and Belinda will be hosting next week?

3 Likes

Today Extra normally finishes at the end of the second week of Summer non-ratings IIRC.
It’s not posted as Today Extra Summer next week, and I don’t think David or Belinda mentioned anything this morning, so I think it’s safe to say Dickie and Belinda on Today Extra next week.

4 Likes

I wonder if Davina or Lizzie Pearl will also move up to Today with DC and SJ next week?

If Dickie is doing Today Extra, maybe Charles Croucher to host Weekend Today?

5 Likes

The Today Show usually return their presenters in early January to align with the Australian Open. And unlike NZ, morning television continues throughout the Summer/Xmas break on all networks.

6 Likes

Always feel sorry for the B-team who hold the fort over the summer having generally done their own role for the entire year with relatively few holidays.

2 Likes

Belinda said something about Friday being the last show of the year on Insta late last week.

1 Like

& DC too. He said those the exact same words on Tiktok @Cassie84

2 Likes

Promo Video for next week:

9 Likes

I think she said it was their last show together (her and DC) for the year.

1 Like

Why? I’m sure everybody gets their full leave entitlement each year, the rest of us survive without getting 8-10 weeks of annual leave.

3 Likes

And for many of the fill ins (not so much DC and Sylvia) getting to do the summer series is a big opportunity - they would be thrilled to be asked to do it.

5 Likes

Lauren’s last day is tomorrow on Weekend Today.
Will be in studio.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Rebecca Maddern has left Channel 9, according to Fiona Byrne in the Herald Sun.

The Weekend Today refresh will see an ensemble team helm the program in 2022 with Richard Wilkins, Charles Croucher and Belinda Russell taking the reins of the show. Jayne Azzopardi remains as Weekend Today’s news reader.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/rebecca-madderns-shock-exit-sparks-channel-9-shakeup/news-story/17e43cb0577c1e4a8322c85536040717

The article says her and Channel 9 were unable to agree on terms for a new deal. She won’t have a farewell show.

11 Likes

Wow, that’s a surprise. Belinda is a good choice. Presumably that means there will also be Sydney weekend weather role up for grabs. Maybe Sophie Walsh?

5 Likes

I imagine Belinda will do both. She will only have to work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays anyway so it is doable. Sally Bowrey does it on Seven.

1 Like

And it’s good promotion for Weekend Today in Sydney IMO.

1 Like

Something that’s been overshadowed by Bec leaving - the show will have three hosts next year (Dickie, Charles and Belinda)? Or will Dickie only appear for entertainment?

5 Likes

Bec needs to go back to Seven News Melbourne.

11 Likes

Glad that Bec is going. There was something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. Never saw the appeal really. She was mediocre at best.

9 Likes