Today

So that means they need all new hosts for Ninja now

7 Likes

Am not surprised to be honest but still a preventable loss for Nine.

I would’ve thought they would’ve gone for Richard and Jayne to host, Charles on news and sports and Belinda on weather. But interesting to see how this goes.

Funny just how we said that Weekend Today has settled in recent times and here we go again they are blowing up the lineup.

4 Likes

Did she want pay parity with Richard Wilkins? :wink: I feel like a tell all book is in the works.

12 Likes

Will be interesting to see who will replace Lauren on weather. Probably some up and coming talent who we haven’t seen much of.

They will have a very experienced and versatile hosting trio in Richard, Belinda and Charles.

6 Likes

Whilst that would be nice I think they might just go with someone like Lara Vella or Sophie Walsh (who was fabulous on the show this year).

Would that be because she used to be on Seven? :wink:

In come Karl and Georgie to host Ninja next year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah they could just go with one of those two, but Sophie in particular may be considered too ‘senior’ given she spent a lot of time behind the hosting desk this year.

3 Likes

With all the vacancies out of 7 Melbourne of late, I wonder if Bec will actually pop up there again?

9 Likes

They’ve also lost great hosting talent for Aus Open too.

3 Likes

Belinda is a far more engaging host than Jayne IMO, she’s the right choice. Surprising if they do have the 2 male hosts too though - it seems like overkill for the show.

5 Likes

I’m quite intrigued as to why they have brought in Belinda (even though I think she’s an amazing talent on Brekky TV). They already have an established team of presenters capable or taking over in Dickie, Charles, Sophie and Jayne (preferably as anchor rather than newsreader), so it seems somewhat superfluous to bring Belinda into that possibly overcrowded mix too.

In saying that, I’m excited to see what energy Belinda brings to weekends - the show could definitely do with some added pep.

And as far as a new weekend weather presenter is concerned, I’d look at someone with personality but somewhat unknown - someone like Alex Heinke from QTQ, who could mature in the role over time.

I anticipate that Charles might have more of an analytical role like Casey Briggs at the ABC and present more detailed reports/interviews. You could certainly build a brand like Sunday Today with Willie Geist (NBC) around him and the rest of the show.

2 Likes

I wonder how three hosts will work. Will it be a bit much?

2 Likes

They might not replace Lauren. Maybe her “budget” will go to adding a 3rd a cohost?

3 Likes

I think it will be too much. I mean why would they need three hosts on the weekend but two during the week?

Perhaps Fiona Byrne is just speculating that Dickie, Charles and Belinda are hosting but the end result could be Belinda on weather, Charles on news and Jayne moves up to host.

1 Like

They’ve basically had 3 hosts all year with Dickie, Sophie and Bec. It’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Unless Dickie and Charles are rotating?

2 Likes

Sylvia and David Campbell are doing Today for the next 3 weeks and Dickie and Belinda are doing Extra.

8 Likes

Called it! Lol

1 Like

Is it this one? @lepatron

5 Likes

The Media Spy curse strikes again.

4 Likes

Is it really? It wasn’t hard to conclude (at least assume) that she was unhappy with the demotion.

Skeptical that the ‘three hosts’ rumour has not been lost in translation. I’d say it’s just Dickie and Belinda and that Perth guy on weather. Belinda is brilliant on Extra so congrats to her.

1 Like