Today

I can see Alex Cullen host Weekend Today… but the question is… with who?

2 Likes

I could see him working well with anyone, perhaps Belinda.

1 Like

They would be stupid to remove Alex from the weekday team. They have a perfect formula at the moment.

12 Likes

They’ve sacked people with better ratings before…

2 Likes

Mark Burrows reading News and Sport this morning.

Hopefully Alex feels better soon.

6 Likes

Karl Stefanovic will be be at the centre of episode 4 of Reputation Rehab - Wednesday 18 November 9.05pm

1 Like

Today’s most competitive result for in more than 2 years. Just 7,000 behind Sunrise yesterday.

Syd T > S > N
Mel N > T > S
Bri T > N > S
Ade S > T > N
Per S > T > N

Today beat Sunrise in the three east coast markets with Sunrise third in Melbourne and Brisbane.

16 Likes

If Sunrise wasn’t worried before then they should now.

4 Likes

Great to see Today being more competitive! Oh, and Sunrise third in Mel and Bne, what are the two states Sam keeps mouthing off about again? Coincidence…

Today have struck on a good pairing with Karl and Ali, it’ll no doubt continue to get better as they work together longer.

15 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this a bit more, and I think that Alex would be the perfect male host for Weekend Today.

What I would do is pair him with Belinda Russell (so Belinda would do this on top of Sydney’s weather on Friday’s and Saturday’s).

Therefore, Alex’s two days off would be Thursday and Friday, and Lara Vella would read the news on Today on those two days (Alex continues Mon-Wed).

And when Sylvia goes on maternity leave, Belinda would co-host Today Extra with David from Monday to Wednesday (making her days Sat-Wed), and Brooke Boney would host on Thursday’s and Friday’s. Natalia Cooper would do Sydney’s weather on Friday’s and Saturday’s whilst Brooke is covering Sylvia on Today Extra.

3 Likes

Would she want to work the long days?

I can see that plan in action.
But one thing: who’d replace Alex on Today with Karl and Ally?

She’d only be working Friday to Sunday so she’d still get four days off.

1 Like

As I said in my post, Alex would stay on Today from Monday to Wednesday, and Lara Vella would be brought in to read the news on Thursday’s and Friday’s.

2 Likes

I’d prefer this didn’t happen.

No split days. Half weeks etc. it’s crap and messy.

Alex is either there 5 days or not at all. That format simply doesn’t work as shown with Cam Williams and David Campbell.

6 Likes

Still presents itself better and is an improvement from the current weekend lineup. Changes have to be made. If you disagree with this, I ask how would you structure Weekend Today?

2 Likes

Nope. I’d prefer the current weekend line up if it meant the show had consistent weekday line up.

1 Like

How about Nine recruit Tom Williams to go alongside Silvia Jeffries for Weekend Today?

2 Likes

They would want to have the same team for each day of each show. That’s helping them to lead over Sunrise, who have hosts who change often.

1 Like

Why move Sylvia? Today Extra has been super competitive this year with her and David. The Weekday teams of both programs shouldn’t be touched at all.

6 Likes